Oil & Fuel Oil from overflow hose b6200d

/ Oil from overflow hose b6200d #1  

matoyan

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100
I just noticed oil pouring out of the overflow (pcv) pipe and I can't figure it out why! The oil level and the fuel level hasn't changed. It's definitely seems to be oil that is coming out. I am stumped! It's not just dripping, it's like a faucet Help. could it be the hydraulic pump leaking fluid into the engine?

Kubota B6200d

IMG_2037.JPGIMG_2038.JPG

Last edited:
   / Oil from overflow hose b6200d #2  
From what I remember on my B7100 there's no PCV valve, it's just a vent hose from the valve cover. There's an oil seperator inside the valve cover where the hose connects. It's made of a few parts and fastens to the inside of the valve cover. If its fallen off then you'd get more oil.

But that is unlikely. Unless the oil level is too high, more likely there's been a significant increase in blowby past the piston rings. You may have a broken ring or damaged cylinder walls. Put your finger on the end of the vent hose while it's running. If there's a lot of air coming out, that's probably the problem.

/ Oil from overflow hose b6200d
From what I remember on my B7100 there's no PCV valve, it's just a vent hose from the valve cover. There's an oil seperator inside the valve cover where the hose connects. It's made of a few parts and fastens to the inside of the valve cover. If its fallen off then you'd get more oil.

But that is unlikely. Unless the oil level is too high, more likely there's been a significant increase in blowby past the piston rings. You may have a broken ring or damaged cylinder walls. Put your finger on the end of the vent hose while it's running. If there's a lot of air coming out, that's probably the problem.

so I just checked the oil level and it's beyond full and the oil is clear and not used looking. The hydraulic fluid level has gone down so I'm thinking the hydraulic fluid went into the engine? I also checked the vent hose and it does have air coming out of it. I don't know how much is suppose to come out if it's working properly.

/ Oil from overflow hose b6200d #4  
How far above max is the oil level? If it's high enough the crankshaft will whip it into a frothy air/oil mixture. That's bad: air does not lubricate. It would definitely cause more oil to come out of the breather. It sounds like it might be transmission fluid in the oil. These use a dry clutch in between the transmission and the crank case so trans fluid would not be getting into the oil that way. On the 7100 and 6200 the hydraulic pump is mounted on the block and driven from the cam gears. It's possible that it's leaking fluid into the engine.

How far above max is the oil level? If it's high enough the crankshaft will whip it into a frothy air/oil mixture. That's bad: air does not lubricate. It would definitely cause more oil to come out of the breather. It sounds like it might be transmission fluid in the oil. These use a dry clutch in between the transmission and the crank case so trans fluid would not be getting into the oil that way. On the 7100 and 6200 the hydraulic pump is mounted on the block and driven from the cam gears. It's possible that it's leaking fluid into the engine.

It's way above the max level. It's basically the whole dipstick but I'm not sure if that's because the oil is getting whipped around. I was curious to see what would happen if I check the oil level with the engine running and oil squirted out of the dipstick hole. How hard is it to repair the leak from the pump?

/ Oil from overflow hose b6200d #6  
oil squirted out of the dipstick hole.
Yow. That's full.

How hard is it to repair the leak from the pump?

I haven't done one but it does not look too complicated. I'd guess that part 67211-76190, the seal between the pump and the engine, would be the culprit. If I was doing it I'd buy all the O rings and replace them while it's open.

Here's a thread about rebuilding vs replacing these:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...9332-need-help-finding-hydraulic-rebuild.html

Does this diagram look correct? I'm guessing the 4 O-rings need to be replaced

IMG_2039.JPGIMG_2040.JPG

I ordered the parts from Messicks and will post with updates. I hope all goes well.

/ Oil from overflow hose b6200d #9  
The transmission should be independent of the engine. You should see a drive shaft going to the hydro unit.

Have you checked the radiator levels?

Pull the head before going the parts route.

/ Oil from overflow hose b6200d #10  
Can't the hyd oil get into the engine sump from the drive end of the hyd pump or is it a different setup than that?................Mike