Buying Advice JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #1  
Tractor
ms 231
New member here looking for buying advise. Thank You in advance for anyone willing to share their thoughts and opinions....

I am in the market for a 40HP range tractor and have narrowed it down to the the JD 4105 and kioti ck4010. Both have advantages and disadvantages.. What would you guys buy and why?

I live on 11 acres where I do some hobby farming and gardening. I bush hog approx 5 acres at the house.
I also have 287 acre hunting and hobby farm with approx 12 acres of maintained fields. I do allot of food plotting for the critters with approx 4 acres in plots. I grow and graft allot of mast producing trees such as apples, pears, chestnuts and others... I plan to do quite a bit of clearing at the farm for more food plots and tree plantings. Whatever tractor I get I will be putting a grapple bucket on it. Most likely with the third function method. This is why I lean toward a hydro unit...

Note: I thought about stepping up to the Kioti DK series but have the gut feeling its just to much tractor to drag back an forth to my farm. Farm is exactly an hr away from my home... Also this unit is not offered in hydrostat

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #3  

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 276
   / JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #4  
Over the past several years A few family members and friends have had bad experience with JD from multiple dealers in different states. One close friend had to fight tooth and nail to get something fixed that should have never been built as it was IMHO and my impression of where they are going with their machines and the programming along with the extra cost, there will never be an other new JD on my property so I say buy anything but JD

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #5  
And of course paulfun9 is entitled to his opinion. :laughing:

I, on the other hand, have had nothing but the sterling and supportive backing of my JD Dealership. Mind you, I don't reckon you'll be popping down to Tasmania anytime soon to check out a 4105. Personally, I have experienced no problems (that were the tractors fault) with my 4105. I think that JD had discontinued this model but parts, if you were to need them, are readily available. My rig is a 2013 year, so it's Tier 3 which means it doesn't have that 'new' Tier 4 regeneration/emmision embuggerance. The 4105 is a bare-bones tractor = open station, metal deck, no cruise-control or tilt steering.

I use mine on my 6 acre property mostly to chain-harrow horse paddocks, rotary tilling and (the reason why I went for this 41hp tractor) moving round bales of hay... not just around my place but also during haying season as I help a Mate bring in his hay rounds crop (600+ rounds). To do that I've got a 300CX FEL that has never let me down.

I have no opinion on the CK4010 as I've had no personal experience with it. Nor do I have "family members and friends" that have any Kioti tractors that I would use to bad-mouth that brand. Or any other 'colour' tractor, for that matter; 'colour-bashing' is considered bad-form here on TBN.

According to TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors the CK4010 has a few less hp out of its diesel engine but has (claimed) more hp PTO output. Kioti is still making this model however it is going to be Tier 4.

Best of luck Mate.

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010
Over the past several years A few family members and friends have had bad experience with JD from multiple dealers in different states. One close friend had to fight tooth and nail to get something fixed that should have never been built as it was IMHO and my impression of where they are going with their machines and the programming along with the extra cost, there will never be an other new JD on my property so I say buy anything but JD

Tks for your feedback
Seems to be lots of happy kioti owners out there...

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #7  
And of course paulfun9 is entitled to his opinion. :laughing:

I, on the other hand, have had nothing but the sterling and supportive backing of my JD Dealership. Mind you, I don't reckon you'll be popping down to Tasmania anytime soon to check out a 4105. Personally, I have experienced no problems (that were the tractors fault) with my 4105. I think that JD had discontinued this model but parts, if you were to need them, are readily available. My rig is a 2013 year, so it's Tier 3 which means it doesn't have that 'new' Tier 4 regeneration/emmision embuggerance. The 4105 is a bare-bones tractor = open station, metal deck, no cruise-control or tilt steering.

I use mine on my 6 acre property mostly to chain-harrow horse paddocks, rotary tilling and (the reason why I went for this 41hp tractor) moving round bales of hay... not just around my place but also during haying season as I help a Mate bring in his hay rounds crop (600+ rounds). To do that I've got a 300CX FEL that has never let me down.

I have no opinion on the CK4010 as I've had no personal experience with it. Nor do I have "family members and friends" that have any Kioti tractors that I would use to bad-mouth that brand. Or any other 'colour' tractor, for that matter; 'colour-bashing' is considered bad-form here on TBN.

According to TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors the CK4010 has a few less hp out of its diesel engine but has (claimed) more hp PTO output. Kioti is still making this model however it is going to be Tier 4.

Best of luck Mate.

He asked for thoughts and opinions. I answered, if that offends you then sorry but frankly I feel I was rather nice about my answer when you consider that I am a current and former JD owner who has a lot of experience with many other brands and can compare the experience of other brands into my answer.

If my answer is considered bad form then report it to the mods and have it removed but I assure you it wont change my mind the facts or persuade me to answer any differently the next time someone asks for an opinion

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #8  
Tks for your feedback
Seems to be lots of happy kioti owners out there...

You will find many happy owners of almost all brands. Just like cars and trucks we all have our reasons for going with one brand or an other.

I wasn't always Anti JD and I even still own one. I just wont buy any of their newer stuff.

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #9  
He asked for thoughts and opinions. I answered, if that offends you then sorry but frankly I feel I was rather nice about my answer when you consider that I am a current and former JD owner who has a lot of experience with many other brands and can compare the experience of other brands into my answer.

If my answer is considered bad form then report it to the mods and have it removed but I assure you it wont change my mind the facts or persuade me to answer any differently the next time someone asks for an opinion

Yes the OP did ask for thoughts and opinions... on the JD 4105 versus the Kioti 4010. It's right there in the thread title.

You offered your opinion on JD dealership experiences from your area in PA. I believe that the OP is in MO; a fair distance away from you. By all means if you had, or have, knowledge about the reputation of the JD Dealerships in and around Festus, MO that would be relevant to the OP's question. You did not offer any thoughts & opinions on the tractors he was asking about.

I did offer my thoughts and opinions on the JD 4105 as I have one. I also have a great and supportive relationship with my JD Dealership. I can't, and wouldn't, speak to other JD Dealerships or any other 'colour' Dealership's reputation or treatment of their customers. I couldn't offer direct knowledge of the CK4010 but could link to some comparison information via TractorData.com

I didn't think that your opinion required a report to the mods... just a gentle reminder from a fellow member.

/ JD 4105 VS Kioti CK4010 #10  
Yes the OP did ask for thoughts and opinions... on the JD 4105 versus the Kioti 4010. It's right there in the thread title.

You offered your opinion on JD dealership experiences from your area in PA. I believe that the OP is in MO; a fair distance away from you. By all means if you had, or have, knowledge about the reputation of the JD Dealerships in and around Festus, MO that would be relevant to the OP's question. You did not offer any thoughts & opinions on the tractors he was asking about.

I did offer my thoughts and opinions on the JD 4105 as I have one. I also have a great and supportive relationship with my JD Dealership. I can't, and wouldn't, speak to other JD Dealerships or any other 'colour' Dealership's reputation or treatment of their customers. I couldn't offer direct knowledge of the CK4010 but could link to some comparison information via TractorData.com

I didn't think that your opinion required a report to the mods... just a gentle reminder from a fellow member.

Well I guess its not OK for someone to have a different opinion than you. I don't see where my answer was supposed to be limited to just his area or the specific size and model tractors he is thinking about. It was offered as an opinion on JD overall of which I haven't been impressed with lately. Secondly if you read my post it clearly states that I am talking about different states and I did not mention which ones. So maybe you should ponder if one of them is your dealer or his or if the poor service and lack of standing behind their tractor is slowly becoming a bigger problem nation wide.

If all my current feed back was good my post would have read something like this.( Several of my friends and family have had good experience with JD and in my book that would have me looking closer at them). So the question becomes would that be a problem for you if I answered his post like that?