Killing clover in lawn

/ Killing clover in lawn #21  
If I killed the clover in my yard I wouldn't have a "lawn' anymore!

/ Killing clover in lawn #22  
If I killed the clover in my yard I wouldn't have a "lawn' anymore!

Same here for my back yard. If I killed the clover it would have to be in the fall then reseed with something like winter Rye so it wouldn't be bare over the winter. I just let it grow the bees enjoy it and I like to watch them work. It's white clover and blooms while it's short.

/ Killing clover in lawn #23  
Funny thing is that when I plant clover in my food plots it doesn't do very well. In my yard it is LUSH and comes back year after year....for decades!

/ Killing clover in lawn #24  
I've had some white blooming clover in my lawn for years but I didn't spray it last year, and so far not this year, so it's really spreading. Got to get after it as soon as I get my right arm out of this sling.

I do a lot of reading here but I missed the story of your arm in a sling. what happened??

/ Killing clover in lawn #25  
Same here for my back yard. If I killed the clover it would have to be in the fall then reseed with something like winter Rye so it wouldn't be bare over the winter. I just let it grow the bees enjoy it and I like to watch them work. It's white clover and blooms while it's short.

Me too. I don't know why clover bothers some people so much. It's thick, it's green and doesn't need to be mowed as often. I have a mix of white (mostly) with some red.
Then again dandelions don't really bother me that much either.

Maybe if you're a suburbanite in one of those developments with a zillion rules it might be bad, but if it's green, it's lawn to me.

/ Killing clover in lawn #26  
I use Trimec 993 on my lawn and it takes care of clover, thistle and broadleaf and leaves the grass alone. It seems to do a good job for my place.

/ Killing clover in lawn #27  
2 4-D should kill it and leave the grass. There are a couple kinds of grass 2 4-D will kill so read the label.

/ Killing clover in lawn #29  
Me too. I don't know why clover bothers some people so much. It's thick, it's green and doesn't need to be mowed as often. I have a mix of white (mostly) with some red.
Then again dandelions don't really bother me that much either.
I fight to get rid of glover, dandelions and what looks like miniature strawberry due to their flowers. My wife is deadly allergic to bee stings so we do our best to eliminate the ground flowers to minimize the bee's in the lawn.

/ Killing clover in lawn #30  
That's where Grazonext shines. It's basically 24-D with a little something extra for the clover.
If bugs are an issue. Try a little Bi-Fen XT in the same sprayer with the weed killer. Great results