Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core
Oldpath, I think I'm going with an Everlasting 251Si.

I'd like the option of stick along with Tig, but mainly, I wanted to have a higher powered Mig with some ability to adjust settings. I really looked at the Miller 211 and 215. I liked the 211 a lot, however, for the price, I figured I could get more for my money. It was the choice I almost made.

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core #22  
i have a similar 125 ez hobart welder . i found that the liner was damaged. just a tiny kink in the liner is enough to cause birdnesting when moving the line around. it really doesnt take much to kink the liner and i have replaced it 3 times already and the third time i treat it like its glass and i havent had problems since. replacing the line is no fun when you get birdnesting and you start to treat it like a baby then soon enough it starts to produce for you.

Radioman,

That is likely my issue, I suspect. I checked over the wire, and to my untrained eye, it looks to be spooling off OK. I have yet to recognize a commonality in when the birdsnests occur. But, I do think it is at the initial trigger pull. When it gets going, it seems to work fine. However, given this is a brand new machine, I am unwilling to spend that much, only to have to baby or immediately repair it.

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core #24  
When you install your spool, are you feeding the wire off from the bottom or the top. I'm gonna consider myself lucky, since I have never had a birds nest with any of the 4 mig welders I have used. I have allways let the wire feed off of the bottom of the roll. I find it weird that you would have such a problem, because even if my tips get tight on the wire it allways just slips. I am currently using a Handler 190, and I get what you are saying about the notched settings, but that is not something that will not allow you to make a good weld.

Feeds off the bottom. Straight into the feed mechanism. It always buckles right at the wire entrance into the liner. I can easily pull the wire back through the gun. I've changed tips without success. Its not the weld that I have an issue with... it is the fact that I am unable to weld about 10-20% of the trigger pulls. I cannot say I am not doing something to cause it... but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what it would be if it is me.

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core #26  
Return or exchange it.

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core #27  
Is this the welding unit you're looking at, sounds impresive>>> PowerMTS 251Si with TIG Package | Everlast Generators

Only thing that makes nervous with Everlast is when it breaks down after a year or so, you have to pay $$$$$ shipping to get it fixed vs. taking it back to the local welding store, but then again things only break when I use it.

That is it.

Everlast's repair location is in Eastern Tennessee. Since I am in Northeastern KY, hopefully if it goes down, and I can't fix it, it won't kill me with shipping.

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core #29  
Only thing that makes nervous with Everlast is when it breaks down after a year or so, you have to pay $$$$$ shipping to get it fixed vs. taking it back to the local welding store, but then again things only break when I use it.
Here in the Puget Sound area, there are two welder repair centers. One in Kent Washington, the other in Seattle. I had a Lincoln SA-200 in the repair center in Seattle for 45-weeks! Had the generator from another SA-200 in the same shop for 35-weeks! Good thing I don't make a living with my welders! :mad::mad:

/ Birdsnest problems Hobart 210 - flux core #30  
For most repairs I doubt you will send in your machine. New machines are modular and relatively easy to take apart. More than likely repair parts will be delivered for you to install.