Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,921  
That's great guys. I think rescues, when they finally realize the change is real and will last, return to
the rescuer all the love they've been dying to give all along. They become the most devoted best friend
you'll ever know. Buddy worries about me like a mother hen with chicks. If he's napping and wakes up
to find I'm not where he left me, he'll tear thru every room in the house until he finds me with a panicked
look on his face that'd be funny if it wasn't so serious to him.
Dano

/ Dog pics #1,922  
That's great guys. I think rescues, when they finally realize the change is real and will last, return to
the rescuer all the love they've been dying to give all along. They become the most devoted best friend
you'll ever know. Buddy worries about me like a mother hen with chicks. If he's napping and wakes up
to find I'm not where he left me, he'll tear thru every room in the house until he finds me with a panicked
look on his face that'd be funny if it wasn't so serious to him.
Dano

While sometimes more work than a "normal puppy", they seem to treat you as a hero, their savior and never seem to forget it. I enjoy the challenge and the reward.

But then as a kid I was always the one that saved the sick calf rather than let it die.

/ Dog pics #1,923  
Chief & Dottie watching me work in the cabin today: Farm 2017 172.JPG

/ Dog pics #1,924  
While sometimes more work than a "normal puppy", they seem to treat you as a hero, their savior and never seem to forget it. I enjoy the challenge and the reward.

But then as a kid I was always the one that saved the sick calf rather than let it die.

Know what you mean. When we had a cow that was breach, I was the one that had to
turn it if I could or if the calf was already dead, had to cut it up and bring it out a piece
at a time. City folk have NO IDEA what being a farmer really entails! :thumbdown: It hurt
me nearly as bad and the cow to have to do that. I'd work until I was totally exhausted to
try turn a calf and bring it out alive. Covered in blood, afterbirth, feces, urine and sweat,
it'd break my heart to fail. :ashamed:
Last one I worked on, the cow was waist deep in our pond and it was in March. That
water was cold and she would not move or could not move. After I got the calf out in
pieces, she broke lose from dad and swam out into the deep end and sank from
exhaustion; drowned. That was a good $1000 dollar loss counting the value of the
calf and cow not to discount the pain in loss of life for both. Dad lost heart for the cattle business
after that and we slowly sold off our stock. We'd get a steer every year, along with a couple
hogs to butcher. We kept the chickens, rabbits and horses but used our hay and corn as a
cash crop instead of a feed crop for the most part.
Dano

/ Dog pics #1,925  
Sorry for getting off topic folks. Kinda brought back memories there.
I'll try to do better.:)
Danp

/ Dog pics #1,926  
Sorry for getting off topic folks. Kinda brought back memories there.
I'll try to do better.:)
Danp

Quite alright. The things you have to do even at 3 AM, then still be up and at it at 5 or 6 to get at the day. Unless you are a dairy farmer, then you have to learn to live without sleep.

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #1,927  
If I'm out and have taken the truck, the wife says they know 10 minutes before I get back and start running to the door looking for me. That's pretty cute and makes me try all the harder to be their BFF.

/ Dog pics #1,929  
We adopted a 4 yr old Pom male that was a breeder for a puppy mill the Humane Society got closed down. Poor guy spent his whole life in a small
cage sitting in filth. All his hair was wore off his back end and back of his legs and stomach. Eat up with fleas and ticks and ear mites. He didn't
know his name, how to play or show affection. Took us 6 months to heal his body and a year to heal his spirit. He's now over 15 yrs old and has a
bad heart but he and I have been joined at the hip for the last 10 years. When he passes, and it's coming, it'll be like losing a child.
This is Buddy.
Dano
View attachment 517811

The way I see it, there's a special place for puppy mill breeders when they die.

A dog is man's best friend, but a lot of times we don't return the favor (not refering to you of course).

/ Dog pics #1,930  
The way I see it, there's a special place for puppy mill breeders when they die.

A dog is man's best friend, but a lot of times we don't return the favor (not refering to you of course).

That's the way I feel too. This poor little guy didn't know anything other that to be taken from his cage to
breed then be shut back in until the next time. He didn't know his name, to come when called, didn't know
how to play or anything but yet he was the soul of gentleness. His little body was a mass of flea bites and
raw bleeding sores. His ears were so full of mites I thought his skin was black in his ears at first. We bathed
him daily, applied medication 3 times a day. I know it hurt him but he never once showed any aggression
or resentment. That night he wanted in bed with us was one that tears at my heart every time I think about
it. His attitude changed overnight from one of tolerance to one of love and he's never changed. Losing this
dog is going to kill us both. He and I are joined at the him as my wife says, but she holds him and carries
him around like a baby all the time and he just eats it up.
I've often said that if I ever found out who had him before us, I'd probably go to jail cause someone would
get their ***** whipped big time. **** has a special place for people like that. At least I pray it's so.
Dano