BX Seat for Backhoe Operation

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #1  

Tractor Seabee

Elite Member
Port Orchard WA Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Have been back on my 25 doing digging which I haven't done for awhile. This renewed my annoyance with the poorly engineered seat operation from driving OPs to BH OPs. Has anyone come up with a simple seat mount that you don't have to fumble and pinch your fingers? Do the 2017 models have the same system or has it been improved and maybe retrofitted to older models? If the answers are no; this may be something that our after market entrepreneurs here on TBN may be missing a market for a new product.

Ron

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #2  
I'm quite sure this is the biggest nuisance for me on my BX. So much that I tend to dig 'on my knees' vs. rotating the seat back and forward on many of my projects using the BH. It sure would be nice if there was a retrofit seat available!

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #3  
I have a 2017 BX23S (formerly the BX25). In my opinion the seat is still an annoyance. Most times I have to fold the back down so the seat clears the rops when you spin it around. PIA.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #4  
I will have to agree, i have a new 2017 BX23S, i just simply hate the seat whenever i have to turn it around to use the backhoe, then turn it around again to move the tractor. Just a horrible design. The idea of the seat turning around to use the backhoe is a great idea, BUT it was just engineered very wrong. Like it or not, if you look at all the other sub compacts out there, they are pretty much the same awkwardly designed nightmare.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #5  
Should be a simple push button to swing it around (or better yet...two buttons, for safety reasons like some machine equipment so both hands are clear of the action). Someone here should design one. BXpanded, are you listening?

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #6  
Should be a simple push button to swing it around (or better yet...two buttons, for safety reasons like some machine equipment so both hands are clear of the action). Someone here should design one. BXpanded, are you listening?

BXpanded, take a look at the MF GC17x5 for an opportunity as well, I currently have removed the seat back on mine - if just doing a quick poke w/ the BH, I don't mess with the seat, use it in the operating position, if I am digging a trench, I will swivel it, but can hop to the operating position and drive the tractor with the seat in the BH position - this works but I'd sure like to have my backrest and an easy to swivel seat.

So, this is not just a Kubota issue, it's across most all the single seat TLB products, or at least it was when I was shopping for one.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #7  
I like the idea of taking off the back portion of the seat to just have a bench. I will have to take a look at mine and see if there is a way to put a quick attach like mechanism on the back portion to easily put on and off the back part of the seat.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #8  
Never known this NOT to be an issue! I've known people who looked at a backhoe with the BH seat first in their mind. If it doesn't have a separate seat, they ain't buying it.
I went to dig a hole last year for a neighbor (who used to own a lot of equipment) and when I backed up to where he wanted the hole, he asked why I was putting my gloves on. I told him if he flipped the seat around without them, he would soon find out.

I don't move the seat without gloves, too many blood blisters! I'd love to see some guy fix this problem, and hope he makes a gazillion dollars in the process.

I don't change seats when digging in a straight line, learned to move myself with the backhoe a long time ago. Put the machine in neutral and just turn around to raise the front bucket when I need to change positions.
George

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #9  
How 'bout a seat that just folds backwards so the backrest becomes the BH seat and the seat becomes the BH backrest? Or a separate folding seat that mounts to the open top link bracket? Fold it against the BH controls when not in use. Just some ideas.

/ BX Seat for Backhoe Operation #10  
The seat seems to work for me. There is a mid-point dentent where you stop it and it swivels right around. Also a dentent when it is at front position or the rear position for the BH.