What's your lawn mowing height

/ What's your lawn mowing height #12  
but lots of other green stuff in there that some people call weeds. It's all green. I call it "lawn".
Reclaimed forest land here in "sand country" (7 years in but it's coming along). I figure United Airlines at 35,000 feet would look down and think we have a pretty lawn. This is our 4th house and for some reason the perfect lawn has never been high on my list on any of them. My wife is different...other than mowing I tell her to knock herself out.

/ What's your lawn mowing height #13  
I mow around 1.65 acres around the house. Its all natural "field grass" that after a couple of years of mowing kind of looks like lawn( its green ). I have a JD G100 riding mower that I set at 3 and mow everything. It ends up somewhere between 2.5 to 3.0 inches tall.

Around here mowing height is not important. Since all my "lawn" is field grass - it all dies in July anyhow. And comes back to life in October with the fall rains.

/ What's your lawn mowing height #14  
For my lawn 3.5 in the summer and 3.0 in the early spring and late fall.

/ What's your lawn mowing height #15  
In the Summer, I mow mine as high as the mower will go, which is 3.0 inches. In the fall, when the leaves start, I begin lowering it about 1/2 inch every time I mow so as to mulch the leaves and begin shortening the dry grass. I will mulch several times in the Fall and again in the Spring, eventually ending up with the mower as low as it will go, which I believe is 2 Inches. That way the lawn ends up scalped a little bit at a time, without the mess of dead grass you end up with when you scalp it in the Spring.

/ What's your lawn mowing height #16  
I used to cut my 5 acres pretty short. some scalping in places but it looked good to me especially right after mowing. After a day or two it would usually brown abit before returning to green before the next mowing. I knew that was not what was healthiest for my lawn but was what I thought looked best FOR ME. The last couple of years I have been raising the mowing height and the grass is doing better. It is more thick and more comfortable to my bare feet. It also does not brown out after cutting.
I did have to change my blades for a flatter profile because i was getting blow out at the front of the deck. My Exmark zero turn has lots of setting heights and I think only have 1 or 2 holes above the pin now.

/ What's your lawn mowing height #17  
Most mowers I have ever seen.....the gauge is wrong. You actually have to park on concrete and measure if you really want to know your height.

That said....3.75" is the actual height I mow at. Mowing higher chokes out the weeds, and leaves a healthier overall lawn. And makes the striping look alot better too IMO

/ What's your lawn mowing height #18  
This thread got me curious so I measured mine yesterday. My 2720 mower deck is set at the second notch below the lock-up pinhole. That measures to be a little over 4". With it that high, the windrows disappear faster.

/ What's your lawn mowing height #19  
I don't know exactly what the height is but I go as high as possible on my PRD 7200. Specs according to Woods says it's 4".

/ What's your lawn mowing height #20  
I mow my 8 acre lawn at around 2 1/2"
Our grass has been growing so thick and so fast the past couple of years mowing once per week is barely enough