Ammunition

/ Ammunition #1,221  
I looked at it, but decided on 6.8SPC instead.

/ Ammunition #1,222  
My lower reciever came in yesterday, hoping the upper does this evening. Still have to order a couple magazines and so ammo before I can try it out

/ Ammunition #1,223  
So, what is everyone's thoughts on 6.5 Grendel? I ordered my AR, based on the price of Wolf ammo for it, and should have the upper tonight. Still have to get Mag or 2 and ammo. My plan is mostly Wolf 100 gr cheap ammo and maybe PPU or Hornaday on deer. Anyone have experience with the wolf steel 6.5? They also have wolf gold 6.5 for around $15/20

Grendel is best performance you can get in AR15 platform. Best bullet selection, the list goes on. You will be happy with it!

/ Ammunition #1,224  
Grendel is best performance you can get in AR15 platform. Best bullet selection, the list goes on. You will be happy with it!
I hope so. It will be my first AR, but one paper, the 6.5G looks great. I may have my 11 yr old son take it for our Thanksgiving morning deer hunt.

I've got a fixed 4x Bushnell and a 3-9x32, scopes to try, and also a cheap red dot. I am gonna try all of them, but I could see the 3-9x, set around 6x being very nice at 100 yards in a tree stand.

Academy and Green Acres Sporting Goods both a bust for magazines and any ammo under a $1/rnd. Guess I will need to order online.

/ Ammunition #1,225  
I hope so. It will be my first AR, but one paper, the 6.5G looks great. I may have my 11 yr old son take it for our Thanksgiving morning deer hunt.

I've got a fixed 4x Bushnell and a 3-9x32, scopes to try, and also a cheap red dot. I am gonna try all of them, but I could see the 3-9x, set around 6x being very nice at 100 yards in a tree stand.

Academy and Green Acres Sporting Goods both a bust for magazines and any ammo under a $1/rnd. Guess I will need to order online.

It's a 1,000 yd gun if you want it to be. Long range is where it shines

/ Ammunition #1,226  
Not sure if I have seen yet in the "Ammo" thread, but isn't it wonderful that .22LR is once again obtainable at reasonable prices?

/ Ammunition #1,228  
Not sure if I have seen yet in the "Ammo" thread, but isn't it wonderful that .22LR is once again obtainable at reasonable prices?

Yes. Yes it is. Even down here in Branson, I bought the Federal 550 round box for $22 the other day at Wal Mart. Wal Mart down here has been a big .22LR vacuum now since the Sandy Hook thing. Absolutely no rounds on the shelf. This time they asked how many boxes I wanted.

/ Ammunition #1,229  
It's a 1,000 yd gun if you want it to be. Long range is where it shines
I know most shooters will never admit it, but I'm doing good to hit a stop sign sized target at 300 yards with out a bench. Need to get out more and practice...

/ Ammunition #1,230  
I know most shooters will never admit it, but I'm doing good to hit a stop sign sized target at 300 yards with out a bench. Need to get out more and practice...

Don't feel bad...I'd need a TOW missile to hit that stop sign at 300 yards