PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #1  

Clumber

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 HST Nov 2019
My PT -425's tredle dose not spring back quite like it used to when released. The tractor seems to want to continue moving forward when tredle is released. Also, reverse is very slow. The tractor still still articulates and lifts as usual. I removed the side plates and cleaned debris from the area. I cracked the hoses attached to the tredle and could see fluid to and from. I also changed the hydraulic filter and bled the line. But that had no affect. My guess is that I need a new tredle valve. Any suggestions:confused:.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #2  
Is there an adjustment on the variable volume pump for this? I thought I recalled a procedure where you had to jack up the machine so all 4 wheels are off the ground, then adjust something to the middle of the point between where the wheels rotate forward/pause/backwards. Maybe that was just for models with the hydro back cable?

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #3  
Also, I recall something about springs under the treadle on the hydraulic treadle models that increased the foot pressure required to lessen the effects of stomping on the pedal too hard. I thought they were an option, but can't recall. If you have those springs, are they still present or have them moved/stretched. Or just one of them moved or stretched or disappeared?

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think.
Moss, I forgot to mention that those springs look ok, both are there. It does not look like one is weaker than the other. This is a 2010 model so no Hydro back cable.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #5  
I thought there were two different spring tensions available, depending on operator's preference, but I don't recall one side being stiffer than the other. Mine is a cable treadle. My right/forward treadle arms is considerably longer than my left/reverse treadle arm, so it does take more foot pressure to go in reverse than forward due to the shorter lever length.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #6  
Even though your springs are there, are they in the correct place?

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #7  
   / PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #8  
It's still early in the afternoon.... 1-800-THE-YARD...

:D

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think.
Even though your springs are there, are they in the correct place?
Duh? I would not know what placewould be correct. They appear to be placed equally on both sides. I will try to call PT on Monday.