Quick Hitches Quick Hitch Fit to Implement?

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #21  
The adapter allows you to use the QH on implements that might not have the correct top link height.

As to bushings. A CAT I QH has CAT II sized bottom hooks. A CAT II QH has CAT III sized bottom hooks. Etc., etc. It's my belief that this is done to create a "wear" point. By putting a bushing on your implement CAT I pin and hitching to a CAT I QH you have created a wear point on the bushing rather than the hook of the QH. If you were commercially using a QH on a BB for example, the bushing would wear out rather than the implement pin and/or the QH hook.
All standard QHes use CAT 3 size bushings. I run a few of my impliments without bushings & they work fine. I'm sure the pins wear a bit more. Picking up a lathe soon & will adapt bushings onto the ones I haven't gotten them on yet. I'm not sweating it though.

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #22  
Question.... do you need these bushings on a Clevis type attachment implement? And will a quick hitch type system even work well on one of those? I have two of those. A box scrape and a tiller.

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #23  
Wagtail...where did you purchase your top hitch adapter? Or did you make it? Also, what is the purpose of the chain showing in the photos? And why is it attached to both ends of the pin inthe first photo? Interesting!

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #24  
Question.... do you need these bushings on a Clevis type attachment implement? And will a quick hitch type system even work well on one of those? I have two of those. A box scrape and a tiller.

The tubular bushings work fine on mine with the clevis-type attachment. Without them, the implement bangs around a lot.

Bruce

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #25  

Yes and yes.

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #26  
Wagtail...where did you purchase your top hitch adapter? Or did you make it? Also, what is the purpose of the chain showing in the photos? And why is it attached to both ends of the pin inthe first photo? Interesting!

I had a local metal shop knock it up... but as a template, my slasher came with a similar adaptor as it came at the same time as my 4105 with the iMatch.

I mentioned before that the chain that I attached acts as a 'curb chain'. Once the implement is attached to the QH, I run the chain underneath the top hook to ensure that the non-QH compliant implement doesn't pop-out of the hook... ballast roller & the landscape rake are the only two implements where I employ this adaptation. The chain itself is a shackle and a style of 'gate latch chain' that I picked up at the local hardware store in the fencing section.

I got the idea of using a 'cub chain' from a type of horse bit. :)

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #27  
Wagtail, learned a new one, "knock it up". Means something very different up here. ;)

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #28  
Wagtail, learned a new one, "knock it up". Means something very different up here. ;)
Years ago a British teacher my father was doing a teacher exchange with got caught by that. He told a student he would come round come round in the morning & knock her up so she wouldn't be tardy. There were a few international calls made by the school sorting that one out.

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement?
Just hooked up our new Woodmax 72" snowblower this afternoon. The bushings we ordered with it definitely provided a snugger fit, especially with the lock mechanism on the lower hooks. Without them looked as if the pins would bounce around some. Appeared to be a much better match top and bottom.

Really appreciate the feedback here. So many unknown things that pop up with new kinds of equipment, etc.

/ Quick Hitch Fit to Implement? #30  
I have been usin QH for years and have modified equipment to fit used the bushing also lost some as roll pin came out been using cat 1 to cat 2 pins instead with better success