New England - January 4th snowstorm

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #1  

daveinnh

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310
Over 12 inches in central NH so far and the wind is picking up. Tomorrow will be moving snow piles back and sanding for the oil fuel truck before the next cold freeze (hopefully).

Dave

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #2  
Northern N.H., 5, maybe 6 inches, that's it. Wind starting to pick up here too. Supposed to end 9-ish, will probably plow the driveway tonite before the cold hits again.
We generally don't get much from coastal storms since we're shadowed by the White Mts.

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #3  
Just finished two hours snow plowing, will have to go back out tomorrow and finish it up about 6" fluffy stuff. A bit more to come yet.

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #4  
Hope you guys get thru this with minimal effort!!!

But then,,,,, the TBN rule,,,,,, no pics,,,,, it didn't happen....... :)

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #5  
We have over 12" in SE NH. I just spent three hours with a Airens snowblower. I hate myself now not getting a snow removal attachment when I bought my Mahindra 2538 this summer. What do you guys think, should I get a blade for the FEL (I have a 3rd function valve) or a PTO snowblower? We just bought this house last summer as well and this 400' driveway just takes to long with a walk behind blower.

Cheers

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #6  
We have over 12" in SE NH. I just spent three hours with a Airens snowblower. I hate myself now not getting a snow removal attachment when I bought my Mahindra 2538 this summer. What do you guys think, should I get a blade for the FEL (I have a 3rd function valve) or a PTO snowblower? We just bought this house last summer as well and this 400' driveway just takes to long with a walk behind blower.

Cheers

Crank up that new tractor, set the FEL bucket on the ground at the appropriate angle so it doesn't "dig in" and push your drive off. Justify that new tractor!!!! :)

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #7  
We didn't get much in central Vermont...maybe 2-3 inches. Somewhat windy though and the snow is powdery...I expect some drifts. I guess we're too far inland for this one.
That's OK though since we sure got blasted the week before Christmas! As well as Christmas day...

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #8  
We're getting this storm as well, started around lunchtime. About 8 or 10 inches of white stuff.

Now it's been ice pellets coming down, and possible rain overnight.

Could be interesting tomorrow with the blower trying to move all that heavy wet snow.

Back down to -19c tomorrow night.

Yes, it's going to be very interesting!

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #9  
Hard to measure here high in the hills of Walpole, NH. Wind has been blowing all day but the best I could measure was 10-11" of snow. About 6, my neighbor got his truck stuck plowing another neighbors driveway. So I fired up my Kubota B2920 with front mount 63" snowblower and blade on rear for weight, and went and pulled him out. Since I had it running, I opened up my driveway. Will do the rest in the morning after it stops snowing.

/ New England - January 4th snowstorm #10  

Cheers
If you don't get a lot every year;a rear blade may do the trick.Front plows are really nice ;I have both.