Snow Orange on Red

/ Orange on Red #81  
Gloss black paint I applied to the inside of the auger housing has also worked surprisingly well at shedding snow -- wish now I had hit the auger surfaces and fan blades, too!

Have you tried Fluid Film? I got some earlier this year and then forgot about it until I was scraping all the caked on stuff after Sunday morning's cleanup. Have it on now and will see how it works tonight.

I put UHMW on the back of the chute/deflector yesterday too. Looking forward to seeing how that works. The linear actuator for the deflector made out well in its first event, tonight I also get to check out the real world effectiveness of the light bar on the front and 2 LED work lights on the back.

/ Orange on Red #82  
Well I wasn't impressed by the FluidFilm. I wouldn't say it was worse, but not appreciably better.

My lights and the UHMW chute liner, OTOH, were worth the effort.

1513121629063_PART_1513121628937.jpg

/ Orange on Red #83  
Well, here I go again, drooling over a cab... I have a great place to park my tractor, but it just doesn't allow for a top of any kind... Guess I'll just continue drooling!

Nice lights! Another justification for the cab, I'm thinking...:roll eyes: When blowing, they really do need to be up fairly high to be effective.

As far as the paint, I know it'll wear off eventually, but it sure works well for now!

/ Orange on Red #84  
Loving my remote chute deflector too. This was before I oiled the hinge so it's a little jerky. Pretty smooth now.

/ Orange on Red #85  
When I bought my TLB (plus blower) back in 2007, the dealer only sold blowers with the factory electric chute controls mounted. Never regretted it! Not real fast, but definitely nice to have. OEM deflector is similar to your set-up but mounted on the side. (Bet yours works better and cost less!!)

blower linear actuator.JPG

/ Orange on Red #86  
I thought about side mounting, but like the symmetrical aspect of being in the center.

I used a 2" travel actuator and ramped up the geometry to make it faster. If I had used a 4" one it would take twice as long. Speed is just about right.

BTW, my new cutting edge came in Black... Wish I had realized how simple it is. Would have just bought a piece of high carbon steel, cut to length and blow out the holes with my (son's) plasma cutter. Also would got a piece a bit wider than the factory one - doesn't seem much wider than the one that's worn out.

/ Orange on Red #87  
I like your center-mount also, for the same reason. I can see mine cant off center a bit when it operates, creating a bit of binding.

Scraper blade-- yep, that's what I've done: went to a local steel fabricator, had them cut to length a wider piece and make the square holes (I really don't have that capability). Still was cheaper than the M-F replacement part, even with a wider piece of steel. Do keep in mind that the scrapers can be reversed after one edge is worn... but you probably already knew that....

/ Orange on Red #88  
It's really pretty ridiculous. Cost me over $90 for a 1/4 x 3 x 4' piece of steel. Of course, it's the "right size", has square holes in the right place, etc. Interestingly enough, the local dealer I ordered it from is apparently on COD from AGCO.... AND left the UPS COD label on which shows they paid more in COD than they charged me...

/ Orange on Red #89  
=timbrehse;3959435] While the subframes and mid PTO shafts may differ,
this is for anyone who has any remaining doubts about the interchangability of Red, Blue, Orange quick hitch

From the Orange online build a tractor pricing, Kubota has discontinued the two current models of snow blowers (BX2750=MF2360) and the newest offering, which is to become available November 1st is the BX5450. priced at $1999.
The NEW BX5450 blower comes with a standard manual crank chute rotator, upgraded outer shoes on the edges of the blower along with heavier steel material for building the snowblower housing as well as the overall body of the snowblower is a bit beefier.
they also are offering a wider 55 inch blower the BX5455HD. this comes with standard hydraulic chute rotator and heavier gauge construction like the BX5450.

Blue's 50CS is the updated vs. as well (skid shoes on the outside)
I guess this means Massey has decided to wait 'till next yr to update?

Timbrehse, Did you buy the MF PTO shaft and the MF2360 mount kit, or were you able to use the orange versions of the shaft and mounting kit? I have been looking at a New Holland 63CS blower and its mount and PTO shaft look to be a lot different than the MF2360 versions.
Thanks,

/ Orange on Red
Timbrehse, Did you buy the MF PTO shaft and the MF2360 mount kit, or were you able to use the orange versions of the shaft and mounting kit? I have been looking at a New Holland 63CS blower and its mount and PTO shaft look to be a lot different than the MF2360 versions.
Thanks,

Sorry Langanbob - I haven't checked this forum in a while.

The mount is referred to as the Quick-Hitch subframe. It has a lift cylinder, hoses and a mid PTO shaft.
Looks like this:Q-Hitch.jpg
Front implements, Snow blower, Rotary Broom, Blade all have a female receiver:
Receiver.jpg
I got the sub frame, minus the mid PTO Shaft, when I bought my MF 2330 Rotary Broom
The Mid PTO Shaft was a bit difficult to locate at the time. (I was able to order it from Jack's Small Engines)
The same Canadian company makes the Subframe, Snow Blowers, and Rotary Brooms for Red, Orange, and Blue tractors.
The Red Massey Blower is MF2360 (older design)
The Orange is BX5450 (new design)
and The Blue is 50CS (new design)
All are 50" snow blowers and are interchangeable tho I've been told there is a slight difference in Mid PTO rpm's and so the gearing of the chain driven augers are slightly different.
While that may very well be true, my Orange Blower mounted on my Red tractor does a fine job now in it's 3rd year.
What you are looking at in a New Holland 63CS is.... a 63" Blower which is not made to function on a 22-25hp subcompact tractor.
Different (bigger) animal