being banned

/ being banned #61  
Out of idle curiosity, I searched for the origin of the expression -- "Do as I say, not what I do." Apparently, there is a Biblical origin -- Matthew 23:3.

"All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." King James Version at Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach..

Steve

Best post in this thread.

/ being banned #62  

Teg: "The "get a bigger tractor" people are destroying what TBN was, a friendly forum... now it's IF YOU DON"T DO AS I SAY!!!! or WHY ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME!!! Get over it, it's just your opinion... a small tractor is just fine!!! (Zipping up my flame suit!!!)"

Gee, I hope you aren't talking about me. I have a Mitsubishi Satoh, 19 HP 4x4 diesel, a Farmall Cub 9? HP I've had since age 9, 52 years, and four tractors under 40 HP. I just always wish they were bigger. If you prefer smaller tractors, God be with you.

Willie

/ being banned #63  
Teg: "The "get a bigger tractor" people are destroying what TBN was, a friendly forum... now it's IF YOU DON"T DO AS I SAY!!!! or WHY ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME!!! Get over it, it's just your opinion... a small tractor is just fine!!! (Zipping up my flame suit!!!)"

Gee, I hope you aren't talking about me. I have a Mitsubishi Satoh, 19 HP 4x4 diesel, a Farmall Cub 9? HP I've had since age 9, 52 years, and four tractors under 40 HP. I just always wish they were bigger. If you prefer smaller tractors, God be with you.

Willie

This my friends is why you don't drink and post; which I have been guilty of myself. :drink:

/ being banned #64  

Willie
{this post is O/K, I've been drinking... :dance1:}

Yes, small is good!!! :drink: ...and affordable!!

I posted that after a couple of people were trying to cram a 4000 pound tractor down a first time buyer's throat... whom didn't want it, nor could afford it. Not sure the newbie ever posted again...

Bigger not not always better, it's just bigger... :2cents:

/ being banned #65  
You realize you said that in a response post to him???

I wasn't responding to him; instead I was suggesting to others to stop replying to him.

And then you did it again!!!! :)

No, I reiterated my POV; which you along with others missed completely, so I restated my original POV.

I wanted to say that too but wasn't allowed to post anymore :D Irony

Ha, I never said one couldn't post, just consider if you wanted the OP to stop- then stop replying to his posts. Funny, we're not seeing him post much anymore in this thread are we?

You'll have that....

That doesn't even make sense...:confused3::eek:

/ being banned #66  
kidr,
You could have selected “ banned “ as your member name, then you really would be banned without being banned. :D

Last edited:
   / being banned #67  
I can fully understand how it could be a taxing chore...

Most of the maintenance I'm experienced with on relational databases is all performed with scripts automatically set up as CRON jobs...And these days a lot of the SQL work is executed through a graphic interface with visual aids that a console can't offer...but some functions have to be performed via a CL because of the size limitations of other protocols...

IMO, working with relational databases and creating graphic applications that interact with them is very rewarding and entertaining...especially when you have development servers to work on (no pressure like you mentioned with limited backup)...

It still amazes me every time I write a schema and execute it creating a new database with all the tables/rows, permissions etc...and then it's just as fascinating to populate the DB from a SQL, CSV etc. file...

Programs like vBulletin have their own interface for most db maintenance chores but I'm sure the backup file for the TBN DB is huge...! Not sure how the forum software handles images...many DBs just have a link (and or thumbnail link) to the image files but some actually contain them...?

We had several that stored lo-res images directly in the DB, but it called hi-res from a storage area for final output. Back then, hi-res images took up too much bandwidth on the network, and too much graphics power on the computers. I guess it all depends on what is needed to look at. We used lo-res for picture placement and graphics design, etc... but the hi-res was needed for printing. It would do a swap on output from lo to hi. When we'd archive pages, the hi-res was inserted into the page for the permanent archive, in case it ever had to be printed again for historic purposes.

/ being banned
So after all the name calling and trolling no one can say why a member shouldn't be allowed to leave a forum clean.

I have no axe to grind. On another forum I sometimes visit, a member had gone to court to resolve just such an issue. I think he wanted all his posts deleted too. I don't know how that worked out for him but it got me thinking. I thought it would be interesting to know why forums won't let you go.

No one has responded to this, so this is a dead end. If the moderators want they can ban this thread. I guess the days are over when you can have a civil conversation on a controversial subject on this forum. So sad.

/ being banned #69  
Why did you not Open this thread with that last post???

I've got pizzed off here and deleted all my photos... makes the threads pretty worthless. ...But then I came back with my tail between my legs. :eek:

/ being banned #70  
{this post is O/K, I've been drinking... :dance1:}

Yes, small is good!!! :drink: ...and affordable!!

I posted that after a couple of people were trying to cram a 4000 pound tractor down a first time buyer's throat... whom didn't want it, nor could afford it. Not sure the newbie ever posted again...

Bigger not not always better, it's just bigger... :2cents:

I've been pretty vocal about tractor size. Just my opinion, not trying to force my will on anybody else. There have been few times I've wished my tractor was smaller, lots of times I wish it were bigger.