Attachment shed

/ Attachment shed #11  
Another consideration. Sunshine is harder on equipment than rain.

/ Attachment shed #12  
i thin the advice you are getting is good. Make sure it is tall enough to get in and hook up. When we built our stall barn for the horses I got lucky. I did not consider that. We went 10 foot, but but in roll up doors rather than sliding doors. So door opening is 8 ft. My tractor with ROPS up fits in by a slim margin. The door has to be ALL THE WAY UP or no dice. Thankfully I have not hit it.... yet.

/ Attachment shed #13  
10 foot high minimum.

2x

Seven foot will shortly prove to be a major headache - in more ways than one. Ten foot plywood and lumber is readily available, so cost will be minimal. You'll thank yourself for the extra height.

Me? I built mine 14', with no regrets. But that was a bit overkill. Ten foot would have been pretty much just right.

/ Attachment shed
Was not planning on concrete. Just a gravel floor. I don't really need dollies the skid steer can move anything around either attached or with pallet forks.

I already have around 8300 SQ feet of shop space with 10' or higher ceilings. This shed will strictly be for implements, none of which are over 5' tall - most less than 4'. I certainly don't want to make a mistake and build it too short but I am not seeing why it should be taller than 7-8 foot? Also I am using steel not lumber. The sheets are ordered cut to length.

/ Attachment shed #15  
Was not planning on concrete. Just a gravel floor. I don't really need dollies the skid steer can move anything around either attached or with pallet forks.

I already have around 8300 SQ feet of shop space with 10' or higher ceilings. This shed will strictly be for implements, none of which are over 5' tall - most less than 4'. I certainly don't want to make a mistake and build it too short but I am not seeing why it should be taller than 7-8 foot? Also I am using steel not lumber. The sheets are ordered cut to length.

Suit yourself... but a concrete floor (along with your implements on dollies) will maximise the number of implements that you can store in a single bay. In the first picture (below) there's a slasher, then a tiller, the 4-in1 bucket and a fertiliser spreader... all 'scrunched' together, yet easily accessible.

Also, putting in a concrete floor before building the shed is less expensive (and less of a hassle) than doing it after the fact.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 234
   / Attachment shed #16  
Being that you plan to build 100' long, I dont think I would worry about how efficiently packed the building becomes. A concrete floor would make hooking 3pt equipment easier.

my experience with metal roofing is the ridge cap can be expensive. have you considered making the front 10' and the back 7'?

/ Attachment shed #17  

It is cheaper to build up. I put pallet racking in my shed for attachment storage, 3 high takes alot less floor space than 3 deep or 3 wide. Makes life easier for me too, drive in , grab the ______ and go.

/ Attachment shed #18  
I have two 40' x 24' x 12' tall buildings at my place now and I'm looking to add a third. I'm not sure how it is down your way but up here in the northeast, there are several companies that will construct a steel pole building to spec for less money than it would cost to build myself.

In my case, I spent the extra $$ for concrete floors which I've found to be well worth the cost. I conserve storage space by rolling implements around on dollies. It also saves time by not having to jockey the tractor around to make attachments.

Just a couple of thoughts for what they're worth.

/ Attachment shed #19  
bdog,

I like the plans you have stated, my brother has about the same thing in Idaho for implements also. Length and depth are fine, but I think I'd go 8' for the height. A little extra head room will never be a bad thing. I'll echo what ovrszd said about the sunshine verses rain.

Will it have a flat roof or barely pitched like a 1-12 or 2-12? I'm sure in Texas that will work fine, it would not here.

/ Attachment shed #20  
What ever height you end up going with, keep in mind, the header (mine are 2x12s) will cut down on that height going into the shed.