TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,461  
I don't think it matters whether what they are doing is legal under federal laws. If they arrest you, right or wrong, you're in jail and spending a lot of money on lawyers.

On a related matter, one NE state was checking your name based on registration for carry permit in your home state then pulling people over based on that and then cooking up a reason to search vehicle. Then arrested several people in possession of firearms. IIRC they got their hand slapped by a federal judge and were supposed to stop that practice, I don't know it they did stop. I think it was Maryland, but I may be wrong.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,462  
Has this played out in court yet?

As mentioned, they FIRST need a reason to search you vehicle.

Yes they must have probable cause for a search, criminals and a John Q Public both are aware of this fact. And trunk loads of firearms, legal and otherwise pass over the borders all the time. But it’s not the number of times the law was avoided, it’s what is going to happen if Mr Policeman finds you with an unregistered handgun, illegal magazine or AR style rifle.

This plays out in court every day. Unfortunately, I almost feel like they are making examples out of people, to include Active duty servicemen who have broken the law.

You cannot posses a handgun in NY without a permit. Period. We just went through a huge State Police recertification process where tens of thousands of people failed to register. These people are in real jeopardy of losing not only their pistol permit and pistols, but their long guns also.

Additionally any so called Assault Rifle can no longer be purchased in NY and any rifle registered as such must be sold prior to the owners death or surrendered to the State Police. You cannot pass it on to a relative.

How many unregistered Assault rifles and illegal magazines you transporting through our once great state?

Just be careful........

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#2,463  
In the spirit of the popular TODAY'S SEAT TIME thread, how about posting your gun time activities. Shooting, cleaning, building, reloading, purchasing, etc. Of course pics welcome. Wondering how active folks are with their firearms and accessories, even when they can't get out to shoot.

I will start... Today I installed Talon grips on my full size MP9. I was very happy with the grips I recently put on my MP9 Shield I decided to purchase another one. I bought them on July 4th... Talon was offering $4 off in celebration. I highly recommend these.
I wouldn't mind steering this thread back to its original intent. ;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,464  
I agree!

Picked up a cool little Russian M38 yesterday at a gun show... 1521418928536.jpg

Did some shelving modifications to the safe today which involved removing the whole mess from the safe and reorganizing... 1521418972889.jpg1521418993226.jpg1521419017041.jpg1521419038163.jpg1521419196729.jpg

... And then finally got around to making a front sight adjustment tool for my Swiss K31 rather than pay 150-250 dollars for one online... 1521419271684.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,465  
Yes they must have probable cause for a search, criminals and a John Q Public both are aware of this fact. And trunk loads of firearms, legal and otherwise pass over the borders all the time. But it’s not the number of times the law was avoided, it’s what is going to happen if Mr Policeman finds you with an unregistered handgun, illegal magazine or AR style rifle.

This plays out in court every day. Unfortunately, I almost feel like they are making examples out of people, to include Active duty servicemen who have broken the law.

You cannot posses a handgun in NY without a permit. Period. We just went through a huge State Police recertification process where tens of thousands of people failed to register. These people are in real jeopardy of losing not only their pistol permit and pistols, but their long guns also.

Additionally any so called Assault Rifle can no longer be purchased in NY and any rifle registered as such must be sold prior to the owners death or surrendered to the State Police. You cannot pass it on to a relative.

How many unregistered Assault rifles and illegal magazines you transporting through our once great state?

Just be careful........

Got to ask, exactly what probably cause do they have to search the vehicle?

For myself, other than a 10 minute drive through Maryland on I-81 (which takes me a total of 30 mintues to lock up and unlock at the WV and PA border, I will NEVER be going past Pennyslvania north again in my life, since my in laws have now moved about an hour south of us in NC.

Do remember in the 90's when I lived in western Pa we were allowed to take pistols (with paperwork) to some registered gun shoots in NY.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,468  

I agree 100%...
Those were interesting posts, but veering much to close to politics...so, I suggest opening a thread in "Friendly" Politics would be advisable if they want to continue that topic.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,469  
What is the can on the left? Looking for a suppressor for my MP-15.

Specwar 556K. Love the can for it's size and weight, and since it was replaced by the Saker ASR 556k, my dealer gave me a deal I couldn't say no to.

If this is your first rifle can, I would suggest looking at a 30 cal can if you have anything bigger in the 30 caliber range. That can on the right in the last pic only weighs 14 ozs and it makes my 26" 300 win mag really sound no louder than the 5.56 (Omega).

Keep in mind, supersonic rounds are still very loud, and in no way hearing safe without hearing protection (guys will tell you they are, it's BS). Where they really shine IMO (supersonic centerfire cans) is the noise pollution around the shooter (particularly if your 10 yards around them lol). Bascially like shooting a Ruger 10/22 without hearing protection.

Different can on the 300 win mag.

300.png

Needless to say, you aren't doing a lot of hiking with this gun, at least I'm not LOL Gun weighs enough that you can shoot it all day without the shoulder getting sore.

Could never justify getting anything else for "long range" as it's accurate enough as far as I can push it out back, which is about 400 yards. The reality is when I did hunt with a rifle, at least in my neck of the woods in NC, rarely would a shot being taken past 100 yards.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #2,470  
I agree 100%...
Those were interesting posts, but veering much to close to politics...so, I suggest opening a thread in "Friendly" Politics would be advisable if they want to continue that topic.

OF COURSE!....
How to best transport guns is a "political issue".
Silly me: I thought it was directly related to gun ownership.
Even at my age, I learn something new every day!