Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN?

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #11  
A certain kind of person comes here, and does not really reflect the average consumer.

Is this because of the thread about quirks? Those crazy people had me scared. :laughing:
Travis

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #12  
Boom, two reps in the house! Awesome

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN?
I believe you pretty much hit it.

Most manufacturers occupy their time running the business and most likely get their feed back from their distributors and dealerships rather than spending valuable time on internet blog sites gleaning individual responses.

I'm not sure it would be all that time consuming. They could have a college intern do it if it was beneath a marketing professional's station.

I'm not suggesting that they have a team of design engineers on call to respond to the latest TBN rant. I am saying that I would want to deal with website errors and omissions post haste. I do think they could discover competitive advantage talking points. And yes, I do think they could learn some design changes worthy of merit (like having to remove a rear wheel in order to re-install a 3 point hitch after removing a backhoe).

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #14  
"I'm not sure it would be all that time consuming. They could have a college intern do it if it was beneath a marketing professional's station." It can be done automatically by computer. Many companies in pharmaceuticals are already "mining" social media sites for clinical trial candidates. Running programs to pick up keywords about a certain disease state and logging them. Eg: "My rheumatoid arthritis is really acting up today" might get a user a private message about a promising trial of some new compound along with a nudge to "ask your doctor about ...". I'm sure that something similar could be done (or is already being done) to examine all of the days conversations on TBN about Brand X tractors and to key in on users expressing dissatisfaction or concern or those handing out praise/compliments.

Frank

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #15  
I hope they monitor this site, just in case, I'll post some suggestions for all BXs. SS attachment for the FEL, position control for the TPL, and telescoping adjusters for the TPH.:)

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #16  
I hope they monitor this site, just in case, I'll post some suggestions for all BXs. SS attachment for the FEL, position control for the TPL, and telescoping adjusters for the TPH.:)

First one's already an option and has been for awhile, second one should happen, third one...does Hodge make a kit?

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #17  
My point is that large manufacturers in general (cars and tractors) had a size mentally focus that really altered in the mid 2000s. GM in the mid 2000s was still defiant as was Ford. Then Ford go a very smart CEO in and GM didn't and you saw what happened in 2007 and beyond.

Tractor focus today has changed also and you can see it since 2006 but especially since 2010. Corporate farms don't consume equipment like small farms do and big equipment volume is different today than just 7 or years ago. Meanwhile the number of states losing farmers is increasing. The quantity of small family farms stopping operation in Wisconsin is quite surprising and disappointing.

My point is, whatever the tractor manufacturer's "color" is, their prospect grouping is changing faster than their typical understanding and speed at the corporate level. What I've found revealing in the last several years, is that part of our TBN family are employees at dealerships and service centers. And that is a unique method that TBN influences into the dealership owners and then upward Imo.

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #18  
All oems are already working directly with machinery buyers and it is across a substantial larger cross section of buyers that tbn most likely does not have. Great site with a lot of great info but I think some folks overestimate it's usefulness to mfg's (it's a great tool for the end user). Using faceless complaints imao contradicts troubleshooting 101 which is "verify the complaint".

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN?
All oems are already working directly with machinery buyers and it is across a substantial larger cross section of buyers that tbn most likely does not have. Great site with a lot of great info but I think some folks overestimate it's usefulness to mfg's (it's a great tool for the end user). Using faceless complaints imao contradicts troubleshooting 101 which is "verify the complaint".

So when TBNrs are discussing new models that aren't even listed on the Company website, or errors or omissions for specifications persist for months, that is not useful for the manufacturer to know?

/ Are CUT Manufacturers Smart Enough to Follow TBN? #20  
So when TBNrs are discussing new models that aren't even listed on the Company website, or errors or omissions for specifications persist for months, that is not useful for the manufacturer to know?

When used in the right context it can be somewhat helpful but as I mentioned it's a faceless complaint so compared to actual end user face to face contact it needs to be treated as somewhat anecdotal information as it is not measurable across a known spectrum of buyers. Not trying to tear down tbn, it's a great site for the end user.