2 acres too small for a tractor?

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #11  
No. I'm planning on a Kubota M5660SUHD for my 2 acre plot.

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #12  
It's not the size of the property, it's the size of the work and the abilities of the workers. I did much of what you're describing with a field and brush mower, a tiller, a small riding mower with trailer, a variety of hand tools, gallons of sweat equity and a whole lot of aches and pains.

I now have a SCUT that may or may not be 'too much' for the routine yearly work on my 5 acres. But it sure does make what work there is a whole lot easier to do with the 15 year older bones I now also have. Planting trees with a backhoe doesn't even begin to compare to doing it with a shovel, let alone digging one up to transplant it.

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #14  
I bought my CUT for 2 acres. When I bought the adjoining 5 acres I required the addition of a full size backhoe/loader. :)

My original intent was to use the backhoe to clean up after the clear cut then sell it. My wife informed me the other day it was part of the family and cannot be sold. She's a keeper!

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #15  
Does not matter what size property you have. What matters is having fun with projects and enjoying outdoor time. Get a tractor and have fun.

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #16  
sounds like you have a lot of cleanup work you want to do .a small sub-compact will do all your work and still be convienent to mow with.i live on 2-1/ 2 acres that slopes down to a river,also very steep.my bx 2200 handles it great,no feeling of tipping over all the time.if you get one be sure to get loader on it.you,ll never regret it

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #17  
Short answer; a tractor makes chores much easier even on small lots. Back in 1998 we bought our first farm tractor a 1949 8N Ford. Up to that time I had been using and abusing an 18HP Lowes/MTD commercial garden tractor (glorified lawn mower) with tire chains on it for traction. We only had an acre and that was inside the city limits, but the little 8N proved a huge help in landscaping the grown up rear half of our lot and keeping the gravel driveways maintained. We did not want to sink a lot of money into a tractor that would only see occasional use around here so the old Ford worked out great. About 2012 we were able to purchase another acre and a half behind us and soon upgraded our 8N to a 1958 861D that was heavier and had more power and a few extra features the 8N lacked for very little extra money. Yea, I'd love to have a newer nicer tractor, but for the money and no more than we use it, the old Fords have been a godsend to us, that enables us to do projects we never would have tried doing without owning a tractor.

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #18  
Ditch the lawn-mower and purchase a sub-compact with a MMM and loader;that's is why they are made.4WD and loader/PTO opens up all kinds of possibilities.

/ 2 acres too small for a tractor? #20  
I have a few more acres than that, but really only work on about 4 of them, the rest are forest. I have a Mahindra 2538, Kawasaki Mule and a 4 ton Excavator. I wouldn't sell any of them for any reason. You will be amazed how many uses you find for a machine once you have it.