UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge

/ UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
Planning on installing an Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) Poly bar cutting / wearing edge under the leading edge of a snow bucket.

The dealer wants ~ $500 and I think I can do it for a fraction of the price with a piece 3/4" x 5" bolted to the bucket.

Anybody else do something like this with advice on minimum thickness and width?

TIA

Yooper Dave

/ UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge #2  
I haven’t seen UHMW but several others have added or changed out the steel edge. Are you set on UHMW or are you just trying to avoid damaging the nice driveway.

/ UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge
I haven’t seen UHMW but several others have added or changed out the steel edge. Are you set on UHMW or are you just trying to avoid damaging the nice driveway.

Trying not to damage the nice driveway!

/ UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge #4  
I used polyurethane for my blade, bought it from here:

Polyurethane Snow Plow Blades and Wings | Secure Online Ordering

IMG_5971.JPG

/ UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge #6  
Trying not to damage the nice driveway!

If that’s the goal the ideas should pour in......most will be well under $500!!!!
Guys have used rubber horse mats etc to do the job.

I’m sure if you were doing hundreds of miles a year plowing a nice edge would be great. But just for personal use the ideas folks have come up with here will work for many years to come.

/ UHMW Bucket Cutting Edge #7  
I'd suggest you use a black Poly for UV protection. If you can't located what you'd like in UHMW, you might want to switch to HDPE. If left outside, whites goes bad pretty fast.