Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #21  
Looks good! They now say mine will be delivered Friday instead of Thursday.... That's OK, probably won't have the tractor until the first part of the week.

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #22  
Had any of you adapted a seat like this to a small yard or garden tractor that comes with a flip-forward style seat? My 2011 Craftsman seat is split open and starting its death.... this may be a decent upgrade/option for that 25HP Craftsman?

The seat has no suspension, just seat. You need to have a suspension system and your current seat probably anchors to a seat mounting plate which is attached to the chassis with a pivotal roll pin at the front whereby the rear of the seat is on springs attached to the mower.

If you do a www search for "Concentric 44000BK seat" (the manufacturer of the seat) and you select the right answer, you will come upon a mechanical drawing showing the seat adaption dimensions. Note the fact that the rails supplied with the seat are attached to the seat with an adapter bar front and rear, each attached to the seat with 4 bolts which screw into the bottom of the seat.

Simply remove all that and if the seat doesn't have other holes in the bottom to match the mounting plate on your mower, then get a piece of steel and match the holes I mentioned to the slots on your tractor. Piece of cake!

Obvious rear viewing wouldn't be as easy as a low back seat but you don't have to have the head rest at all...pull it out, or push it down if it's in your way. Same with the arm rests, if they get in your way, flip them up out of the way!

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #23  
The seat has no suspension, just seat. You need to have a suspension system and your current seat probably anchors to a seat mounting plate which is attached to the chassis with a pivotal roll pin at the front whereby the rear of the seat is on springs attached to the mower.

If you do a www search for "Concentric 44000BK seat" (the manufacturer of the seat) and you select the right answer, you will come upon a mechanical drawing showing the seat adaption dimensions. Note the fact that the rails supplied with the seat are attached to the seat with an adapter bar front and rear, each attached to the seat with 4 bolts which screw into the bottom of the seat.

Simply remove all that and if the seat doesn't have other holes in the bottom to match the mounting plate on your mower, then get a piece of steel and match the holes I mentioned to the slots on your tractor. Piece of cake!

Obvious rear viewing wouldn't be as easy as a low back seat but you don't have to have the head rest at all...pull it out, or push it down if it's in your way. Same with the arm rests, if they get in your way, flip them up out of the way!

Update: Mine arrived yesterday. Built an adapter plate to mount to my existing suspension system since it isn't setup on the rail configuration that comes with the seat. Excellent seat, headrest adjustable, easy to turn and look behind at what's going on, extremely comfortable for a 6'5" 240# guy, armrests adjust to right where you want them (or fold up) as does the seat back. Material is very heavy duty and breathes, no butt-leg sweating with this baby, seat and leg area is designed to take the pressure off your tail bone. "Howwwww Sweet it is" (Jackey Gleason, the Honeymooners TV show of yesteryear.) Only change I'll make is to slide cotton socks over the arm rests since they are plastic and the socks will absorb arm moisture.

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #24  
Last I saw, they were over $150 each, now $117.43. Not sure there is a better option for the money if anyone is looking...

Black Talon Seats Tractor Seat Universal High Back 44BK3UN

602111d1556303226-black-talon-high-back-seat-rkbt-jpg

View attachment 602111

Was going to pass this on to other folks on my chat list but pulling up the enclosed www site just now, things have changed:

Black Talon Seats Tractor Seat Universal High Back 44BK3UN

Ouch! Just goes to show that "He who hesitates is lost" axiom has merit.

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #25  
I think they made a ooops. Looking on their site they don't even have a cheap lawnmower seat for much less than what they "were" selling that one for...!

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #26  
Mine came in as expected on Friday. Worth every penny! I'm really glad I jumped on it right away, seeing the price now! The original price at $117 HAD to be a mistake!

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #27  
Ouch! Just goes to show that "He who hesitates is lost" axiom has merit.

After the seat arrived, and I installed it, I could not resist,, I had to order a second seat,, it just arrived,, :thumbsup:
The price went up the day after I ordered the second seat,,

Hopefully, the second one will be my new shop workbench seat,,,:eek:
Now, I gotta get busy building a frame to hold the seat,,, :cool2:

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK #28  
The price still shows the same when I look it up. $117.43

/ Black Talon High Back Seat ON SALE at RK
I think I'd consider it a "last chance" for those that missed out. AMAZING seat, even for double the money...