Cutting off an ORC

/ Cutting off an ORC #1  

RickinVA

Tractor
Ford 8N
I need to cut off an ORC from my 8N. I don't have a welder so guessing I need to by some sort of grinder or cutting wheel. Would appreciate advice on tools and technique.

Thanks,

Rick

/ Cutting off an ORC #2  
ORC? What it that?

/ Cutting off an ORC #4  
I'd use an angle grinder with cutting wheel if it came to that. Are you sure you can't get it removed? The ones I used had zerk fittings on each side of the ORC cylinder, and the zerks are removed to access a roll pin that can be punched through the tractor's PTO shaft.

/ Cutting off an ORC #5  
ORC - good to know. I'm real careful about cutting anything off. Especially when I don't know what it is. Shades of John & Lorena Bobbitt.

/ Cutting off an ORC #6  
I need to cut off an ORC from my 8N. I don't have a welder so guessing I need to by some sort of grinder or cutting wheel. Would appreciate advice on tools and technique.

Thanks,

Rick

Why does it need to be CUT off?

/ Cutting off an ORC
My fault. Lack of grease. Can't turn the outer part to line up the zerk holes with the role pin.

/ Cutting off an ORC #8  
I would first pull the zerks and fill it with it with something like liquid wrench, then, work on it to get it loose. Heating it with a simple propane torch and tapping it with a hammer would speed things up.

/ Cutting off an ORC
Thanks. I've tried PB Blaser and a hammer. Will try some heat. Really surprised it locked up this tight. When I put a rod through the hole on the end and try to turn it with the PTO engaged it just turns the engine.

/ Cutting off an ORC #10  
My last project was going very poorly, untill i hit it with some heat and, after good and hot, hit it with pb blaster. I think the fast cooling draws it in and breaks the rust seal. Good luck.