On the Hunt for my next tractor

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #1  

RollTideRam

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 4710 Cab
I have owned/co owned John Deere for the last 20 years. My Dad and I started with a used 650, and then I moved up to a 2520 for a few years and then a 3320 for the last 12 years. They have served me well, but to move up in size the value is not there.

In the last few years I have kind of been looking at other makes and how they are working out for people. I talked trash about Kubotas for many years (in fun) because they are Orange. Orange equates to Auburn and Tennesse and I am a die hard Alabama fan.

I may have to eat some crow with my friends because I like the Kioti tractors. I have not driven any brands yet, but have been looking at LS, TYM/RK, and Kioti. Just sitting on or in them, Kioti seems to be my favorite. I have a dealer close by that has been in business for a couple of years. He has TYM and Kioti.

I really like the DK4710se. He told me about them last year, and I have looked at one on his lot and it seems to be a good fit. He does not at this time have a cab NX. Just looking at the brochures, there are a lot of options I would add to the DK and I wonder how close in price the two models will be when optioned out. I hope to have a chance to stop and drive the DK this week to make sure it stays at the top of my list.

I am sure that I will be visiting again to ask some questions, for now I am not in a hurry to decide, but being without a tractor may change my mind. JC

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #2  
Y no more green I hate orange 2 Can't find them in a pumpkin patch.:D Only thing about Kioti and TYM is there are no real dealers around here and if something goes wrong with it feels weird going to a lawn mower shop to get a 40'000$ tractor fixed especially with all the pollution and computer sh-- on them.:drink:

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor
Dealer gave me price for the DK4710se with most of the options that I wanted. He also priced the NX45 with 2nd remote, rear wiper, 3rd function and a radio. NX still came in 2200 higher.

Dual air cleaner shows as an option but he could not find it
Also no listing for side mirrors but he added a rear view mirror
He said the grill guard comes with the loader

I didn’t get the separate prices of the options. He did say the radio was 300. Not sure if I need it or the rear wiper.

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #4  
Dealer gave me price for the DK4710se with most of the options that I wanted. He also priced the NX45 with 2nd remote, rear wiper, 3rd function and a radio. NX still came in 2200 higher.

Dual air cleaner shows as an option but he could not find it
Also no listing for side mirrors but he added a rear view mirror
He said the grill guard comes with the loader

I didn’t get the separate prices of the options. He did say the radio was 300. Not sure if I need it or the rear wiper.

It's going to depend on how "messy" your rear gets! :D

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #5  
I was at a wedding on Monday, our local Kioti dealer got married and he had 4 different NX cabbed versions on hand for the event. I was quite surprised when the bride, her dad in one and 3 of the maids pulled up and got out of the machine. Later I grabbed one and went for a short ride during the reception. I was so impressed by the room in the cab, easy exit even on the right side. The one thing I didn't like was 3 speeds but no high/low for the hydro like the Kubotas have. My Kubota has about 1/2 the romm inside the cab as the NX series does. One had 3 remotes and the other had 2 remotes all controlled by cables. Other things I liked are rocker switch PTO and 4WD.

The 4510NX was $34k and the 6010NX was $40k at least on the tag. Since they both share the same 1.8l 3cyl engine I would most likely opt for the 45hp and find a software program to crank the hp up provided one doesn't care about the warranty.

I think in a few short years Kioti has come a long way.

Finally drove the dk4710se. I like it,but it seems odd that it doesn’t have a speedometer. Dealer has a good deal on a rc3072 cutter but after we hooked it up, we both think it’s a little too much cutter for the tractor

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #7  
Dealer has a good deal on a rc3072 cutter but after we hooked it up, we both think it’s a little too much cutter for the tractor
What are the specs for that cutter ?
A quick google search didn't show anything on an rc3072.

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #8  
Do some tractors have speedometers? Mine have tachometers and hour meters. I don't take them on the road so speed limits aren't an issue - especially not with an eleven mile per hour top end. I just have compact tractors, though.

/ On the Hunt for my next tractor #9  
Pretty sure mine can be switched to mph.

What are the specs for that cutter ?
A quick google search didn't show anything on an rc3072.
It’s listed as an attachment on Kioti’s site and is equal to the Woods BB720X. 3” cutting capacity and weighs 1200 pounds