Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #81  
the only pic that I have is a cracked bell housing that has been repaired

cracked BH 100 JD.jpg

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #83  
Thanks doc. wow, that's not an easy spot to inspect. would recommend this TLB aside from this known issue?

I would highly recommend the 110, I've had mine for about 7 years and I just love it!
😊

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #84  
I would highly recommend the 110, I've had mine for about 7 years and I just love it!
��

X2- Have been running these models since 2002. I have a 12/2003 model of my own. Of the dozens I have ever been around, I have yet to actually see or met anyone who's machine suffered this fate. I have read post of people who have. But Deere must have made 100's or possibly 1000's of the 110tlb over 2000-2011 years. All those ive been around were used in the construction industry which is brutal on equipment. So I really don't think it's that often. It is my understanding Deere discontinued the unit from the bad economy during those years plus they weren't interested in dealing with the impending EPA requirements for DEF and TIER. These are brute machines.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #85  
Browsed through this pretty fast. On the discussion on whether it was CI or steel the welder should have known as soon as he started grinding the V. Difference is sparks is notable. Not familiar with the tractor; but, is the bell housing part of the tractors structural frame supporting the running gear? Older tractors were made that way. Now frames are structural steel shapes due to the cost of those heavy castings today.

Cast iron in place and possible under tensions I would do the repair with bronze welding either torch or stick electrode. It is more malleable under stress than nickle rod. I have used both successfully.

Ron

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #86  
Honestly if it ever happened to me (based on what guys say Deere wants for the bell housing) I would fab and machine the entire thing from steel.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #87  
Thanks doc. wow, that's not an easy spot to inspect. would recommend this TLB aside from this known issue?

The JD110 TLB is one sexy looking machine!
I very much wanted one (used).

Instead - last year, bought an orig. owner, 250 hr., 2006, Kubota L48 TLB (in Maine - not cheap).
Has 3 rear remotes, 3rd function with diverter, hyd. ssqa, QA hoe bucket, hyd. thumb, 3pt. hitch, pto, 11' dig.

The Kubota L48 TLB is a wonderful machine.
I avoided the potential for a cracked bell housing entirely.
Kubota has no history of bell housing issues.

Last edited:
   / Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #88  
Ok, going to look at a 2006 tomorrow. Has 2900 hours on it. Any words of wisdom you can share? What should I be on the lookout for?

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #89  
Some of the options that are nice to have

3 point hitch

Inked00o0o_g8K9YwpXp6i_1200x900_LI.jpg
Rear Aux Hydraulics

Foot Pedal control for thumb
1  With Foot Pedal.jpg

Front hydraulic outlets

0.jpg