Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #1  

coyotef150

Tractor
TYM T 264 1959 Ferguson TO-35
I have a TYM T 264 and I am just about ready for the first service. Is it too soon to switch to a synthetic engine oil ? I have always heard to break them in with regular oil and then switch to synthetic. Thanks.

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #2  
You have outdated info!

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #3  
I use this oil Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 synthetic blend. I get it at wally world... and I use factory oem filters.......

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #4  
switched to syn Rotella T6 5/40 @ 100 hrs. given your location, i'd go w/T6 rather than T5 for better cold weather starts, etc.

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #5  
Many modern cars and trucks are shipped with synthetic oil in the engine. They break in just fine though with modern tolerances and materials break in is less of an issue. Even an old school engine with looser clearances that might need more break in will have finished that process long before 50 hours. It'd be ok to switch during your 50 hour service.

JE pistons have a blog post about break in: Blog - How to Break-In An Engine

For the new oil, follow your manufacturer's recommendations for oil type and weight for your environment. Your TYM has a Kukje engine as does my Branson. I switched to semi synthetic a while back at the 250 hour change and the engine ran a little smoother. I recommend the OEM filters, especially during the warranty period.

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #6  
What does your Op Manual recommend. I would suggest this document as a most reliable source.

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #7  
Switched the 4010 to synthetic at 13 hours. Next 2 were done at the 50 hour mark.

Think the 50 hours is the breakin period.

Ralph

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service
The owners manual says 10W30 but doesn't specify conventional or synthetic. I really like the T6 but I would like to stay with the 10W30 if I could. There does not seem to be very many 10W30 synthetic diesel oils out there. I know Amsoil makes one and I was going to run their gear oil in the front axle so I may just order it from them.

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #9  
I switched to T6 on my first oil change but I don't thing they make it in 10w30. I did so because of the cold weather starts. I have a block heater but I don't always use it so I like to run full synthetic. I think Mobile makes Delvac synthetic in 10w30 that might be easy to find.

/ Synthetic Oil at 50 Hr. Service #10  
how was the tractor run, high rpm under a load or low rpm lite load, really depends on the use, what does ur manual state for recommended oil weight in ur climate.

myself i use T4 @ 1100 hrs in US deep south.