3-Point Hitch Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos
Still waiting on the keyways to be cut. Will post final pics hipefully soon.

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #22  
gt14,

It looks fantastic ! Can't wait to see the final product !

I still haven't finished the 3 PH. I will work on it this winter after football season. Since I coach high school football I have no time for anything but family and football. I also had my tractor rebuilt this summers it is running great now.

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #26  
Now this is a resurrection of the dead. Looking forward to your pictures. :thumbsup:

Ok here are some pics of what I have done. Years ago a forum member sent me a pic of the schematic. I used these to figure out a way to fabricate the hitch.

I started by using pillow block bearings to bolt onto the hitch of the tractor. I used a 3/4 round rod with a keyway as the shaft.
Next I had my high school use Cad to draw the lift arms then laser cut these parts. I then welded these lift arms to weld on hubs and attached to the round rod to lock in place.

Attachments

• 3 point hitch ym 146.jpg
    3 point hitch ym 146.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1994.JPG
    IMG_1994.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1997.JPG
    IMG_1997.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 135
What I wish I had was the part numbers for the 3 point hitch for the GT-14 or YM-146. I know some parts are still available, I just dont know the numbers.

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #29  
This thread is way before my time on TBN, but it was interesting to read through. Your fabrication looks pretty good Gt14. As for part numbers I know Hoye has a parts manual. Maybe give Aaron a call and see if he can help you with the parts or part numbers you are looking for.

/ Fabrication of 3 Point Hitch Photos #30  
I know, bringing a dead thread back to life. Would you happen to remember any of your measurements from your project? I recently acquired a ym146 and have a bunch of cat 0 attachments I'd like to be able to use with this tractor and have had no luck sourcing a 3pt, or getting any dimensions to fab one up.
Thanks.