New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #21  
Perhaps those concerned about rust should consider this system. It does work very well. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a tractor.
About 15 years ago, and prior for about 20 years, there was a firm in Pennsylvania that made something like this. Advertised it was the same type of system used on naval vessels. Had two plastic housed gizmos that were adhesive adhered to each of two different points of the vehicle, with wires leading to a housing that was wired to the battery.
The Federal Trade Commission finally closed them down, with a forced admission that their system never did work. I'd bought one of their rust preventers and installed it on a '93 Dodge van, so I followed the company over the years. Seems to me I paid about $300 for the system.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #22  
I'm not in a coastal area but I bought a tiller last year. I cleaned it good and put a coat of Rust-oleum clear on it. So far it still looks like it did 10 months ago.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #23  
Either needs a bucket load of desiccant, flowthru fan, or reefer to deal with the humidity near the coast.

That said, seacans are fairly cheap and keep out rats! Which are worse than the humidity and things rusting.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #24  
I worked on Ambulances for years. There was one town that had bad bore water they used for cleaning their cars and rust was a real problem. They purchased the electronic ones and they worked 100%. No more rust whatsoever. That is why I mentioned it here. Lots of 4x4 hire companies fit them as the vehicles are used on beaches and it stops rusting.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment
Some great tips in here. Thank you everyone for your replies!

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #26  
Here in Canada I use a can of Proform PF570 available at Carquest. It’s hard wax in a spray can. Outperforms Fluid Film 10 times over for rust protection. Once it is dry, it just sticks better to the surface than I’ve seen. So look if you can find something equivalent to it.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #27  
There are times when a build up of Oil saturated with dust seems to protect against rust!

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #28  
Just it looks like crap too.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment #29  
Look into how aircraft are kept rust free.

Lots of washing and applying corrosion preventive compound on unpainted items you want to protect.

There are also certain wash compounds meant to neutralize salt that are used in snow belt car underbodies. I’ve not tried them, however.
If you have bare metal use a light coat of WD40. You will be able to wipe the bare metal off with easy.

As a fun fact, high visibility sockets (the ones that have the size laser marked) use a coating of WD40 to keep the socket from rusting.

/ New tractor - preventing rust in a coastal environment
Regarding Fluid Film - I bought a can of the same sort of stuff (Lanox in Australia) and sprayed a test patch. After a week it is still wet. Is it meant to remain wet? If so, I expect it will attract dust.....will this be a problem?