Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #61  
I have a Bobcat 1025. As a first year model unit with a Kioti core and Bobcat assembled, it's got some obvious flaws (e.g. key bent too easily and needed a new design, removing the backhoe is incredibly difficult without removing the tires, replacing the tires on the hub is not user friendly). But it works. The dealer used my tractor as a rental for a year (120 hours), got a great financing deal from Bobcat to buy a new one and sold the rental to me cheap. If I used it more, serviced it more often, swapped out implements more, etc. the "little nits" might be more of a problem. It's my guess that when Bobcat comes out with "their" tractor design in a couple years it will be a vastly improved product.

I'm using the backhoe to dig stumps while I'm waiting for my stump grinder.
My key has Not bent. I have had my rear wheels off and on all by myself, and no harder than any other tractor. I have not found any nits yet that interfere with daily use.

I did, however, find some small design flaws, but i was able to correct all 3 of them myself. Of course my corrections look like DIY things but they work.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #62  
I have removed about 90 stumps since buying my TLB. I did not "work out" any stumps with the loader, and can't imagine doing so. Mostly I used my backhoe and chainsaw. You can deform a bucket very easily using it for unintended applications - like working tree stumps.
Unless it's a B7800! I've jack-knifed stumps out with this tractor: bouncing the rear of the tractor! Absolutely not advocating it, but when I was less "wise" about things and I had work to do I did that: and through all that abuse the tractor held up, perhaps, like no other. Not a chance in a very warm place that I'd even think of doing anything similar with my Kioti. I now only use excavators to remove stumps.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #63  
I wa
I have a Bobcat 1025. As a first year model unit with a Kioti core and Bobcat assembled, it's got some obvious flaws (e.g. key bent too easily and needed a new design, removing the backhoe is incredibly difficult without removing the tires, replacing the tires on the hub is not user friendly). But it works. The dealer used my tractor as a rental for a year (120 hours), got a great financing deal from Bobcat to buy a new one and sold the rental to me cheap. If I used it more, serviced it more often, swapped out implements more, etc. the "little nits" might be more of a problem. It's my guess that when Bobcat comes out with "their" tractor design in a couple years it will be a vastly improved product.

I'm using the backhoe to dig stumps while I'm waiting for my stump grinder

I was curious and just watched a video of someone removing and re installing a backhoe on a 1025. He didn’t seem to have any issues and definately had no need to remove the tires. Makes me wonder exactly what issues your having and why?

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #64  
Maybe his next trick will be to remove the
steering wheel to adjust the seat????????????

willy

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #65  
I surely hope the OP decides to get a slightly larger tractor for all the work he has indicated. Understanding that a 25Hp subcompact is just not suitable for using a medium duty rotary cutter. Either upgrade to a larger tractor, or find a way to live with the 48" rotary cutters typically used with 25hp tractors.

Last edited:
   / Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #66  
Hello all. I'm in the market for a 25 hp compact. I have done extensive comparisons and have settled on Kioti or Branson. I chose these 2 for the amount of tractor I would get for my $. Each tractor is the heaviest in its class and has the best lifting capacities. I have heard the "buy the dealer, not the tractor" phrase already and am comfortable with both dealerships, which are within an hour of me and both service in house. I want to go Hydro for this purchase. This tractor will be used for FEL work (small tree clearing), minor driveway grading and brush hogging. I was quoted the below prices:

Kioti:
CK2610 Hydro
$18,300 tractor + FEL
Fluid and delivery included

Branson:
2515h
$19,900 tractor + FEL
nothing else included

I have been on the Branson and it's ok, nothing special. I have yet to sit on a Kioti. Neither dealer has these tractors in stock, so I would likely have to wait either way. My question for those which have experience with either of these models......which would you spend your money on?
Before buying any tractor, do a few simple calculations based on what you will run with it and how much time each task should take. For instance, say you have to mow a ten acre field. You size the cutter based on how long you want that task to take. An 6' cutter may cut 2.25 acres per hour but a 4' only 1.75 acres. If the 4' is what you go with, then determine how much PTO HP you need to operate it. If the dealer says 20 PTO HP and you have hilly ground, it will take 30 PTO HP. determine if you need a Box Blade, Plow, Post Hole Digger and size them. Once you know the minimum and maximum requirements, size the tractor to accomplish that. One important note, whatever tractor you buy, it will be under powered, all the time, so buy a little bit bigger than needed. I have hilly pastures and my neighbors can barely survive bailing hay with 75 HP machines, but my 100 HP JD does everything I ask it do with plenty to spare. Last thing, consider standardized equipment. If you get Cat I equipment, it will have a wide range of tractors that will operate it, if you get compact stuff, you will always need a compact and nothing bigger.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase
Thank you all for your advice and opinions, I appreciate everyone’s stance on this. Based upon my current and future plans with the tractor and implements, I will be opting for a larger tractor.

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #68  
Have KIOTI 25 HT. Front loader and backhoe. 200 hours. 4 years. fuse to the starter soloniod comes loose and the enginge shutsdown! Press the fuse back in the fuse holder and I can start the engine! I took a week to find this problem with a kioti wiring diagram. The fuse still comes loose and shuts the engine down. The screws that hold the the metal frame to the plastic hood come loose and fall out. Had to buy replacement screws from the dealer. The engine guard was too close to the hood. The hood kept getting stuck on the engine guard. I replaced the bolts holding the engine guard and added metal spacers to open the hood without having to jam the hood past the engine guard. No help from KIOTI. There has been changes in the design of there 25 HP tractors. Is this a company to trust?

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #69  
Have KIOTI 25 HT. Front loader and backhoe. 200 hours. 4 years. fuse to the starter soloniod comes loose and the enginge shutsdown! Press the fuse back in the fuse holder and I can start the engine! I took a week to find this problem with a kioti wiring diagram. The fuse still comes loose and shuts the engine down. The screws that hold the the metal frame to the plastic hood come loose and fall out. Had to buy replacement screws from the dealer. The engine guard was too close to the hood. The hood kept getting stuck on the engine guard. I replaced the bolts holding the engine guard and added metal spacers to open the hood without having to jam the hood past the engine guard. No help from KIOTI. There has been changes in the design of there 25 HP tractors. Is this a company to trust?
Haven’t heard these issues from others?
Seems to me if this was the case with all the Kioti tractors that we would have heard lots of similar complaints. Kind of makes me wonder why so many Kioti owners keep recommending them because we haven’t had any issues worth noting.

By the way HT what?

/ Advice on 25 hp tractor purchase #70  
I have had typical issues with my Kioti that nearly all tractor owners experience. Dust in the ignition switch, fixed with WD40. AC fan belt broke and fixed with replacement. Once filled the tank with gas instead of diesel. No issues. So after 4 years and 850 hours, I have not had much to complain about with my Kioti. And since I am not a good mechanic, just happy its been so very reliable.