Bad news big repair

/ Bad news big repair
LOL, I have followed this, biting my tongue, for what seems like a year. Glad I didn't say anything:)

On the good side, it is neat to see how many people try and help.

Best,

ed
Glad you didn’t say anything, too. (y)
Hope your tongue bite doesn’t get infected! :p

/ Bad news big repair #322  
Glad you didn’t say anything, too. (y)
Hope your tongue bite doesn’t get infected! :p
LOL, u r a hoot.
My wife says thanks for the peace and quiet.

Good luck with the tractor, although I fear the folks that know how to test a relay will be without a purpose if you ever get it fixed:) But, at this pace they should have something to do for a couple of years.

Best,

ed

/ Bad news big repair
LOL, u r a hoot.
My wife says thanks for the peace and quiet.

Good luck with the tractor, although I fear the folks that know how to test a relay will be without a purpose if you ever get it fixed:) But, at this pace they should have something to do for a couple of years.

Best,

ed
ed,
The relays bench tested last year and again this year. :rolleyes:
Take care of that tongue and tell your wife she has my sympathy :ROFLMAO:

/ Bad news big repair #324  
ed,
The relays bench tested last year and again this year. :rolleyes:
Take care of that tongue and tell your wife she has my sympathy :ROFLMAO:
All good brother, I sometimes think she has everyone's sympathy, oh and a solution I don't think anyone has mentioned, but, it might be faster: move someplace warm:unsure:

Best,

ed

/ Bad news big repair
All good brother, I sometimes think she has everyone's sympathy, oh and a solution I don't think anyone has mentioned, but, it might be faster: move someplace warm:unsure:

Best,

ed
“Move someplace warm”

A moment of sanity from you! ;)

/ Bad news big repair #326  
For the heck of it, I tried a jumper wire for 10 seconds and the tractor started like a champ.
I guess it’s pretty close to “wire up a switch“ time.
Yeah, I know like 30 people suggested it and it always was my “end game” if I couldn’t fix the OEM system (without spending 6k replacing ECU).

I‘m still convinced something else could be wrong other than the ECU, but there’s only so much time I can steal from working in the fields. It needs to be worked on when it’s cold to get the GPS to work and that gets old pretty fast.
I appreciate all the suggestions and the effort by some. Even with the few trolling, it was worth it.
May I ask how/where you jumpered circuit?

/ Bad news big repair #327  
My diesel Jetta timer relay failed. I just hard wired the glow plugs through a off return heavy duty toggle switch with a 50amp fuse to it. Would count to either 5, 10, or 20 one thousand depending how cold it was. Worked fine. When I sold the car I removed it. Sold it in the summer. Haven't heard a word about it since.

/ Bad news big repair #328  
am i missing something? my 2016 workmaster 70 has a pre warm system and no block heater and starts fine. my 1979 ih 684 and 1967 farmall 756 do not have glow plugs, but both have block heaters, and both start fine in ohio winters.

/ Bad news big repair #329  
am i missing something? my 2016 workmaster 70 has a pre warm system and no block heater and starts fine. my 1979 ih 684 and 1967 farmall 756 do not have glow plugs, but both have block heaters, and both start fine in ohio winters.
Welcome to the forum.

This thread was disappointing. I thought it would go 50 pages, but I was wrong...again.

But who knows? The jumper wire is too simple a solution and "not factory" so there is hope yet.

Nice thing about this site, once you comment on a thread, you get notification of more posts unless you unsubscribe.

/ Bad news big repair #330  

Some tractors have glow plugs, some do not. It depends on the engine design and also if the manufacturer decided to use some other sort of starting aid such as a grid heater like your Workmaster has. Indirect injected diesels commonly have glow plugs as they are often more difficult to start when cold than a direct injected diesel. Direct injected diesels often do not have glow plugs but some like Hay Dude's Kubota do have them. I wonder if the Kubota uses glow plugs in that engine because of its unusually large cylinder size for a four-cylinder engine being hard to light off and run smoothly at first? He did mention the engine seems to be somewhat cold-blooded. 374 CID is huge for a four-cylinder engine, it's about a third larger than most other larger fours.