rattle

/ rattle #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Just wondering if all mitsubishi Rattle ?
Neighbor just bought a new Mahindra tractor 35 hp.
I went up to see it. He cranked it and that engine rattled louder than my 07 cummins.
I had an old yanmar 3 cl. that I thought was loud, but this engine is louder that my old yanmar !

This engine is a lot louder than my kubota ! He' going to need hearing protection when he's using that tractor !

/ rattle #2  
A diesels rattle. The loudness depends on the shape of the combustion chambers and the base compression ratio. You want to hear a loud one... If you can find a Cat 1693, they sound like they have ball bearings rattling around inside them.

Both my Kubota's rattle pretty loud when cold but quiet down somewhat when they warm up. I like the sound actually. Tells me they are making power.

/ rattle #3  
Most newer ones don't rattle. The new Chevy pickups you can't even hear running. My 5090 isn't loud at all. My old 5310 was a very quiet tractor.

/ rattle #4  
Just wondering if all mitsubishi Rattle ?
Neighbor just bought a new Mahindra tractor 35 hp.
I went up to see it. He cranked it and that engine rattled louder than my 07 cummins.
I had an old yanmar 3 cl. that I thought was loud, but this engine is louder that my old yanmar !

This engine is a lot louder than my kubota ! He' going to need hearing protection when he's using that tractor !
Couple possibilities: If it is in fact new, like brand new with few hours, it will rattle louder than after it breaks in.
Could also have an assembly defect, like something loose causing a loud rattle or possibly a loose or broken mount.
Could have a defective injector, causing a misfire or imbalance between the injectors.

I just fixed a horrible rattle on my M135X. It was an exhaust pipe rubber isolator bushing that had gone bad. Made the engine sound awful.

/ rattle #5  
I have a Mahindra 4510 and a Yanmar 336d. I never thought they sounded really any different than most diesels.

/ rattle
If it's a new 35hp Mahindra, it's their motor. Not Mitsubishi's.
He said it's a Mitsubishi said it's 35 hp. 3510 or 3610. I can't remember

/ rattle
Couple possibilities: If it is in fact new, like brand new with few hours, it will rattle louder than after it breaks in.
Could also have an assembly defect, like something loose causing a loud rattle or possibly a loose or broken mount.
Could have a defective injector, causing a misfire or imbalance between the injectors.

I just fixed a horrible rattle on my M135X. It was an exhaust pipe rubber isolator bushing that had gone bad. Made the engine sound awful.
If there's something wrong, the dealer didn't say anything. He just got it home when I was there.
Sounded like the valves were going to come out of the engine !