Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe?

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #31  
You guys reminded me of the good ole days cramming 6 people into a '65 VW bug. We had a blast!.... couldn't move much, but it sure was fun!

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #33  
The other expense to consider is TIRES.

I saved up and bought a new sports car in my 20's. Tires lasted 20,000 miles, maybe 25,000 miles, before needing a new set.

Insurance was expensive but I was living in South Florida where over half the drivers did not have coverage. Tires were a big expense as well.

Later,
Dan

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #34  
How many in the trunk?

3 or 4 more I used to make a killing with that car during exam week at school. Would give people a ride home during lunch if they didn't have an afternoon exam that day.

Actually I did alright with that. Guys cost them $5. $10 if they were jerks. Girls rode for free More times then I can count that car left the parking lot packed full of girls and I was eating the gas

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #35  
The other expense to consider is TIRES.

I saved up and bought a new sports car in my 20's. Tires lasted 20,000 miles, maybe 25,000 miles, before needing a new set.

Insurance was expensive but I was living in South Florida where over half the drivers did not have coverage. Tires were a big expense as well.

Later,
Dan
Good point on the tires. Corvettes usually sport run-flat tires, but you wouldn't necessarily need them, especially if you had AAA. There is no spare though, so that's something to think about.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #36  
At least he has an open minded involved father. He will get the benefit of your experience and also his own.

My father refused to approve of me buying my first car (at 18) and so he would not be involved. So I fell in love with a car and bought it. It was a POS and a money pit. He sold it out from under me while I was at college.

IMO the Corvette is a bad idea. All downside except for being Cool. And except for HS kids, it's not really a cool car. I hope common sense and economics win the day.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #37  
3 or 4 more I used to make a killing with that car during exam week at school. Would give people a ride home during lunch if they didn't have an afternoon exam that day.

Actually I did alright with that. Guys cost them $5. $10 if they were jerks. Girls rode for free More times then I can count that car left the parking lot packed full of girls and I was eating the gas
🤣 🤣 🤣

NICE!!!

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #38  
I had 4 older sisters that grew up in the 60's that broke my parents' will to discipline before I came along. 🤣

"If you get arrested, don't call. Well, call so we know you're in jail, but we aren't coming to get you."

They always let me use their cars for free. In return, I had to put in gas, tires, clutch, and all others maintenance plus pay for my own insurance, plus do all the yard work and any assistance they might need. Fair enough. I bought a Yamaha DT250 Enduro right out of high school. A year later I bought my RD400. I didn't buy my own car (a 1971 FJ40) until I was 24.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #39  
You are looking at 14k a year in insurance...

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #40  
We bought both are kids there first two cars. Spoiled rotten I know. They sort of helped with expenses. My sons second one, after high school, was a 2004 GTO. He was reasonably good with it, as much as any 19 year old would be.

I don’t know a lot about C4 Corvettes but they seem under priced to me, they just haven’t caught on with the Corvette guys. It will be awful in the snow. It will be mediocre on gas. Tires will be expensive. If I was 17 I’d want that car though.