What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #511  
Is the thumb/grapple arm a separate attachment or are they sold like that? I have seen some sold here with two arms, never one. Does it get in the way of loading pallets, or can it lift up out of the way?

what kind of tractors are those? I could not read the names.
These are mounted solid but it's as simple as pulling the pins of the cylinder and the clamp out in order to keep just the forks.

The tractors are NH T4.90 Low Profile, if I remember correctly. I had these pictures saved for quite a while.

Here is another closer look at the forks:

60203338_2229690767126559_1900743961597706240_n.jpg
59653565_2208108182618151_7262503352066375680_n.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #512  
I screwed a piece of treated plywood to a pallet and use it as a portable workbench.
Yep. I do that with my bale-spears as the separation between the spears matches a standard pallet.

Mind you, my bale-spear frame can be swapped for adjustable forks.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #513  
We have some apple orchards near us
one guy took the mast and forks off an old forklift, and mounted it to the FRONT of a mid 1950's CASE tractor.
I would guess the CASE is ~25-35HP,, He has forks on the rear also.

At harvest, he can move two giant boxes of apples, one front, one on the back,,
when out of the field, he loads the boxes on either a truck flatbed, or a 20 foot trailer.
I saw an old tractor front forklift attachment [mast and chain lift] for sale on Craigslist, and a few years ago my neighbor had one, plus rear forks, on an old Case or Ford. The builder plate on these showed made in NorCal. Most likely for the orchards.

Forks front and rear are used in the apple orchards here. The front forks can lift two filled bins, stacked, onto the haul truck. For this double lift a filled bin on the back is needed for ballast.

p1140832rharvesttractor2bins-jpg.218557

Last edited:
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #514  
Move 5x6 round bales.

The 6' long forks:
P5170044 6' Forks.JPG

With a bale on them:
P8240014.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #515  
New Tractor owner - Got a set of forks and have not yet used them a lot. But I was able to palletize 170 gallons of water and move it around for storage (my loader has about 1600 lbs of lift - LS MT2 35)

I used them to lift my boat off the trailer so I could do trailer maintenance

And I used them to elevate my quad for an easier oil/filter change

20220624_135423.jpg

20220624_135431.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #518  
what kind of tractors are those? I could not read the names.
I was going to ask the same thing! The brand is New Holland, you can see the end of "Holland" on one. I *think* the one with forks plus clamp is an "orchard tractor", very compact and powerful. It'd be nice. Not sure though, not sure the model number.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #519  
I just recently got a set of forks for my Max 26 XL. 1st task was to move a bunch of 8' picnic tables for our family reunion picnic. I used to move them by hand, then used straps with the bucket hooks and shackles, but the forks makes it so much easier. I'm sure they will be very handy to have around.
Screenshot_20220807-102824_Photos.jpg