Buying Advice LS vs TYM vs Kioti

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #21  
So....a 20ft trailer w/ a TYM T25 with loader and Rotary cutter is gonna weigh more than 11,000 pounds that my truck is rated to pull?????
Yeah..right
The problem is NOT what you can pull, but what the total weight capacity of your truck is. Many F150 have a CCC of 1100 to 1200 lbs. To avoid sway, you should have about 12% of the towed load on the ball. At 11,000# you need 1,300 on the ball and that means you can’t get in the truck without exceeding manufacturers rating.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #22  
TYM engines aren’t hobbled by an ECM. You don’t have multiple safety switches to go bad, or limp mode

To be fair, most- if not all- of these tractors lack an ECM.

[EDIT]: Also want to add that all other things being equal, a 25 horsepower machine will do almost anything the 35 horsepower equivalent will do, just slower.

Last edited:
   / LS vs TYM vs Kioti #23  
The OP needs to sort out how he actually intends to use a tractor. If he only intends to use it on his own property, the dealer can deliver it and he doesn't have to have a trailer. The tractor only needs to be sized for his property use case.

If he intends to start doing paid jobs with the tractor that require hauling it, then his insurance company is going to want more money for a trailer endorsement. Then there will be liability insurance issues, and the rest like dealing with customers. Then there are issues like running over T posts, stumps, and other stuff hidden in the brush on someone else's land.

I personally wouldn't want to tow any compact tractor without at least a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, and the weight quickly escalates with the size of the tractor.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #24  
I have no issues with my F150 pulling a 20’ trailer with the tractor loaded on it. I do have trailer brakes and it is the max towing package with the 3.5 Ecoboost. It is rated to tow 15,000 lbs.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #25  
To be fair, most- if not all- of these tractors lack an ECM.

[EDIT]: Also want to add that all other things being equal, a 25 horsepower machine will do almost anything the 35 horsepower equivalent will do, just slower.
I think since the OP really wanted more HP, the TYM engines don't shut down because the lights come on.

For me, more HP opened up heavier duty options on the 3pt. Of course, I want to operate inside the stated parameters. Some are fine pushing outside them.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #27  
You need something bigger than a wiener 150 to pull a 20 foot loaded trailer.
Really? My Nissan Frontier can legally tow 6900 lbs. I haul my 27' 7200 lb travel trailer no problem at all!

I used to haul an 18' trailer, SCUT w/ backhoe, 5' finish mower, and 5' boxblade loaded on, with my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. No problem with that either!

I did have a weight distribution hitch and trailer brakes. Makes a big difference with both of these.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #28  
Oh, and the 'short' loader control...... yes it really is.
I did a simple fix.... a 14" piece of 3/8" steel tubing. 2 10mm bolts. Cut the bolt heads off (essentially making threaded rod), ground the threads just enough to fit in the tube. A couple tac welds later......

Threads right into the loader valve, the knob threads on the other end. WAALAA! Longer control arm.

It really makes fine control very smooth, and smooth enough to perform two functions at once! Cost maybe $5 to make.

image.jpg
And the "old" for comparison:
image.jpg
I'm really happy with my LS. Now has 355 hours, not one problem.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #29  
Yeah..the T264 or T25 are the ones in the 25k package.

I just saw a Larry stoves and equipment video on YouTube and he has this week's special pick 3 of CK2620 with 20ft trailer for $33,500. I really would love to have a kioti...but $8500 is a lot of change.
Yes I know the ck2620 can do a little more work than a T25....but 8500 is 8500! Lol
You spend that much on a car that lasts maybe 10 years and is worth 10% on trade in. The tractor you buy may well be your forever tractor and will easily last 20+ years. You may not be able to ever justify an upgrade so choose well.

If you think you only need it for 10 years then all the better because you'll be able to sell it for what you paid for it and the buyer will think they got a steal compared to new in 2033.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #30  
I investigated all 3 brands previously. The 3 Koreans all seem well made and equipped. I ended up with the TYM mostly because of cost but also because I really liked the dealer. Good dealer worth their weight in gold....