Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #1  

Atypical_decorum

Silver Member
Tractor
Ultra-Wide B7500 & looking for a 100hp
Well, I got my M105s a few hours ago. Been playing with it and besides a loose steering wheel and worn FL tire it looks good. I glanced down at the hours and guess what. It hasn't moved!!

This thing could have 10k hours on it! I bought it from a kubota dealership out of state who explicity told me via voice, email, and ad that is had 1555hrs. Well, 2 hours later it still does.

Whats my recourse? He's not answering his cell phone at the moment.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #4  
Does the tach work? What rpm were you running the new tractor at?

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken
Does the tach work? What rpm were you running the new tractor at?
The tach is broken. You can see the 1/10 hour mark bouncing as the gear tries to catch, but it just jumps a tiny bit but won't roll over.

You can't do anything, so don't bother. He can say it broke in transit, and it may have.
For $30,000 fraudulent practice, that's not small claims court. What's your reasoning?

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #7  
if your dealer is not responding, then contact central K & log your contacts
is tach electric or mechanical? prob electric. maybe remove positive battery terminal & reboot? good luck

if your dealer is not responding, then contact central K & log your contacts
is tach electric or mechanical? prob electric. maybe remove positive battery terminal & reboot? good luck
It's mechanical. Dealer is in Mississippi.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #9  
I thought there was a law that protects you against that? I know in Canada here is some law about how you can't tamper with the hours or mileage.

I thought there was a law that protects you against that? I know in Canada here is some law about how you can't tamper with the hours or mileage.
Theres lemon laws and false advertising laws the consumer affairs dept handles. They have the the power of court behind them. I'm going to see what the place says Monday, then start talking to the agencies/lawyer in their area. $30k is not a small sum to be duped out of.