When your CPA screws up?

/ When your CPA screws up? #31  
Nothing to show for my 3.5 hours on the phone this afternoon.

Representative said unable to do a deep dive and transferred me to another at 3:15… at 4:30 a message came on saying to call again on the next business day and hung up.

Seems they cannot find the Pass Through Entity (PTE)payment on my behalf for year 2022 and regular representatives are not able to cross check.

This may end up being how I spend my vacation… representative did caution about liens and garnishments…

Fine kettle of fish I say…
If it were me, I'd be all over that CPA like a cheap suit until they took responsibility for and resolved this. Isn't this what you pay them for?
Maybe it's a bit too soon, but have you tried contacting your senator/congressman? I had an issue with the treasury dept. a few years back and filled out a form on my senator's website. One of her staffers contacted the agency on my behalf and the issue got resolved in relatively short order. Couldn't hurt...it's part of their job.

Glad my finances aren't so complex I need anything more than Turbotax/HR Block software to file.

/ When your CPA screws up? #32  
CPA responded this morning…

It appears amended tax return not matched with original.

You need to call them.
I would have said to him or her... You need to call them, not me as I'm paying /paid you to get it right in the first place. If I were you. I'd be finding a more competent CPA.

/ When your CPA screws up? #34  
   / When your CPA screws up? #35  
I had a dispute with the IRS 15 years ago it took over 5 years to straighten it out. Thought it was settled 3-4 times then it would start all over again. When it finally ended after amended returns for several years they ended up owing me several hundred dollars, then a year later it started again and after several responses I got another $32 check when they originally want another $30,000+. Haven't heard from them in at least 8 years on that issue so hopefully it has gone to bed. About time to get started on this years return :( .

/ When your CPA screws up? #36  
About time to get started on this years return :( .
We filed long ago and got our refund as well. I never wait until the last minute if we owe or not is irrelevant.

I look at it like having an impacted tooth. It only gets worse the longer you delay it.

Not like ANY governmental agency is fiscally responsible because they ain't.

/ When your CPA screws up? #37  
I always wait to file doesn't matter if I owe (usually) or not, it doesn't get any worse the longer I let it go. Damned thieving government shysters.

/ When your CPA screws up? #39  
Lou... All distills down to the 'pound of flesh' philosophy. Because our return is pretty complex and we have all the pertinent inputs up to date, all the time. for us, filing as early as possible makes it less painful.

The IRS, like every government alphabet agency is screwed up anyway.

Besides, the government would prefer to not refund anything and that includes state agencies as well.

We would never attempt to file any return without a competent CPA's intervention. Way too complex for my brain anyway. We certainly don't mind paying a CPA to do the paperwork, just like we keep an attorney on retainer, just in case.

If I (we) were individual filers, maybe, but that isn't the case here. Very complex so out of my (our realm) to do and do correctly.

/ When your CPA screws up? #40  
I try to owe under $100 every year, and it's set up to come out of my checking account on April 15. I don't write interest free loans to anybody, which is all that a big refund is.
Exactly and considering the way the FRN is getting devalued daily, it's even more important to keep any and all refunds to a minimum.