Price Check Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc?

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #1  

Sasha

Hi

We live in Virginia near N.C. We had thought to get a NH tc30 but a friend near us recommended a dealer that sells Farmtrac and Branson. He is asking $18,000 for a 300dtc with a fel and 5' rotary cutter. This price seems a bit higher than I've seen on the board but maybe it's just where we live? He seems like a nice guy and my friend is really happy with them. She owns a Branson. We were thinking of a Branson too but with 4 year interest free financing and the positive comments we've read, the farmtrac is looking very good.

Dealer also said the farmtrac 270 is equivalent to the New holland we were considering and would probably be enough for what we want (10 acres, looking to raise goats and market garden) but the 300 would be more versatile. He's asking $14,600 for the 270 with fel and rotary cutter.

We ran into the same thing when we were looking at the New Holland, prices seemed higher here than most people were posting. We not the savviest of shoppers here but I hate trying to convince someone to lower their price. Is negotiating expected?

Thanks,

Sasha

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #2  
Yeah that is on the high side of things...$17,000.00 sounds better

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #3  
I also looked at the Farmtrac and Branson, I think they are both excelent machines and I really liked the hst! I finally went with the Branson because the platform was bigger for my 6'4" frame. The branson also has a 9' frame mounted hoe available, if that is some thing you may want? The farmtrac only had a 7'5" hoe. The Branson does not have hst however.

Either way you will be happy!

Bob

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #4  
I would have to go look to be sure of the exact amount I paid for my 270DTC this spring but it was $13K and something with only the FEL. I have the industrial tires on it and have been very impressed with it. This is my first tractor so I don't have much to compare it to but I am happy with my purchase. I have pulled a 6.5ft King Kutter disc from TSC behind it with no problems and a lot of power to spare. We were deciding between the TC30 or this and chose the FarmTrac on price and shuttle drive. I had the rear tires loaded and I have had the FEL filled with wet dirt or mounded with rock and have had no troubles. Good luck with what ever choice you make.

Eric

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #5  
I never heard of farmtrac until an hour ago. I went to a Kubota dealer that sold farmtrac also. He wanted 15,600 for the 300 farmtrac w/fel and 16,200 for a Kubota 3130 w/fel. To me there is no comparison. I'll get the Kubota.

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #6  
Hello kossetx. Just wondering why you would choose the Kubota over the Farmtrac. You said there was no comparison and I wanted to know in which areas you compared where the Kubota was superior over the farmtrac.

Did the Kubota have draft, rear remotes, elec./htd.pto, what type of trans?

I ask this as I am a big fan of the LG manufactured products as I think the 300DTC tractor is and in my opinion you are correct, there is no comparison but toward the Farmtrac. I think the LG machine is equal fit and finish, better spec, more standard features, better priced and over all a better machine.

This is not to say the Kubotas are bad as only a fool would do that but in the comparison of these two machine models I believe that the 300DTC is a much better tractor for a better price.

I love the Mitsubishi 4cylinder engine and the performance of the Montana 3040 over all which I think is essentially the same as the 300DTC.

Don't want a war but since you did a comparison I would like to know exactly what you compared to come to the conclusion you came to.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #7  
I have to agree with Maka. A Carte Blanche statement like that deserves a response in explaination. The specs between a Kubota Grand L 3130 and a Farmtrac 300dtc or 3040 Montana are close, but I believe the LG tractors edge-out the Kubota in this area. All are nice tractors and I don't think any of them have earned a reputation that would warrant a statement like that, against the others.

dancce

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #8  
You really can't blame kossetx for his opinion. He, like many, has simply bought into the excellent job of marketing done by the Kubota people. Same can be said for many JD owners as well.

While researching CUTs, I too approached it with the opinion that JD and Kubota were the tops, but as I dug deeper into what you actually get for your money - standard features to standard features - I began to realize this was based not upon objective facts, but upon subjective marketing statements. Nothing against either manufacturer as they both offer very good products. (Although I would never own a Kubota due to my intense dislike of, and lack of faith in, the local dealer.) If one takes the time to compare identical features, you'll usually find a significant price differential, one that could be used to purchase additional implements.

Consequently, I have since ammended my initial evaluation from a vertical ranking falsely based upon dealer/marketing statements & claims, to one more horizontally based, level playing field until facts such as standard specs, available options, warranty, & dealer support prove otherwise. For me, resale value is a non-factor.

If I could just convince the CFO of it's necessity, I'd probably be talking with the local dealer about a Farmtrac 270DTC.

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #9  
I just have to give my .02.

The Farm trac is an excelent machine! You get more for your dollar in my opinion! The platform was too tight for me, so I got a Branson this time.

As for resale, they all lose value, some faster then others, but some cost less. If you run an amortization table on the two, looking at what you have tied up in cash and what you get back, yada yada, they are real close. As for me, I would rather have a great machine and the extra 5K or 6K in my retirement fund!

Also, I had a L3130, getting some of the Kubota parts is not easy!!

Bob

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #10  
Sasha,

For me, out the door, I paid $17,000.00

This was for the 300DTC
5140 loader
5' box blade
5' mower
post hole digger with 6" and 9" auger.

I looked long and hard for a tractor that I could get my monies worth on. I finally ended up wth the 300DTC for the higher loader lifting capacity, more gpm in the hydralic department, rear remotes, and the excellent price/service/location of the dealer.

You can't go wrong with either. The 300DTC just made more sense for my application.