ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy.

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy. #11  
My church has a Gravely that has 1400 hrs. on it and has averaged costing $800 to maintain every year the four years we've had it. Worth $1300 trade on another new Gravely. Hasn't impressed the financial committee.

$800 a year maint? :eek:

Every year?? :eek:

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy. #13  
I guess it depends what models you are looking at. I don't have personal experience with either one, but I know the Bad Boy Pup is a lighter/residential machine compared to the Lightning. The Gravelys that I have seen look pretty heavy, but they may make a more residential model also. The commercial ones are definitiely costly if buying new ($8000+)! I opted to buy a used commercial model since I figured it would hold up better (Bobcat 61", 25 HP Kawasaki, $3000).

It also depends on how much grass you are mowing and how often.

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy. #15  
I have a Bad Boy Lightning (54"?) with suspension. It rides nice, cuts good , goes fast, and has been very reliable (2.5yrs). Liquid cooled Kawasaki. I felt it was the most mower for the money. Only complaint- it doesn't like hills (typical of ZTR's) Jason

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy. #16  
We mow about 4 acres weekly with a Bad Boy 60" with I believe 27 HP Kawasaki motor. Unit runs around 14 mph and cuts good at that speed if the grass hasn't gotten too tall. We only have around 240 hours on it and have it serviced annually. Maintenace cost around $200 to have all fluids and filters replaced and three new blades. Replaced three tractor type mowers with this one and cut mowing time in half and only have to maintain one mower. I believe it says Pro 60 across the front?? Guy at work's dad just lost the transmission in his Gravely. Believe it said it was 10 or so years old. Not sure how much use, but 10 years seems like pretty good service to me.

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy. #18  
looked for a low hour used commercial mower......already depreciated and a better unit.....imho

ferris, scag, exmark, etc are the big dogs...

ride quality will mean a LOT to you once you spend some time on a ztr....unless your yard is PERFECTLY flat.....even then, you are moving at such a pace that the smallest bump will jolt you....

look at craigslist.....used ferris' with 15 hours all the way up to 1400 hours and prices in between top and bottom dollar...

man, that is unreal for maint. costs......800!:eek: i can see one year like that and then about 4 others at 150 or so but each year? sounds like the dealer like to rape churches.....i know some do that around here to little leagues, schools, etc......they know they've got the money and there usually isn't a person that really knows machines keeping an eye on them.....

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy. #19  
Make sure you fellas are comparing apple to apples. It's hardly fair to compare a residential Badboy against a machine that cost twice as much. I have a bad boy with a cat diesel in it and while a can't speak to longevity yet, I sure can speak to the ruggedness and speed of the machine. It became obvious after studying what works for other people, the Badboy is hard to beat dollar for dollar. A 60inch deck at 15 mph useing around .6 gallons of fuel per hour makes me a happy camper. Try lawnsite.com for more info on any of these machines. All the brands previously mentioned here are good. It wouldn't be hard to make a compelling case for any of them.

/ ZEROTURN MOWERS Gravely VS. Badboy.
Make sure you fellas are comparing apple to apples. It's hardly fair to compare a residential Badboy against a machine that cost twice as much. I have a bad boy with a cat diesel in it and while a can't speak to longevity yet, I sure can speak to the ruggedness and speed of the machine. It became obvious after studying what works for other people, the Badboy is hard to beat dollar for dollar. A 60inch deck at 15 mph useing around .6 gallons of fuel per hour makes me a happy camper. Try lawnsite.com for more info on any of these machines. All the brands previously mentioned here are good. It wouldn't be hard to make a compelling case for any of them.

Have you heard anything bad about the Badboy pup Series. It looks well built for the Money?