Gold Member
    Tractor
    Gravely 16-G

Default Gravely 16-G

Just got a Gravely 16-G. What should I do before running it? Change engine & transmission oil? What are the capacities? Any special procedure on the transmission?

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Default Re: Gravely 16-G

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Just got a Gravely 16-G. What should I do before running it? Change engine & transmission oil? What are the capacities? Any special procedure on the transmission?
    You have just bought one of the best riding tractors ever made. I have a 16-G. Before that a 8163G. Change the engine oil and transmission oil. I don't know the capacities off hand but would be more than happy to look them up for you. Check your forward/reverse clutches for wear and adjustment. They are on the outside of the motor. Easy to see, replace, and adjust. I don't know if yours has a foot clutch or hand clutch. They came both ways. I have owned Gravely riding tractors for over twenty years now. There isn't much I don't know about them. I can't cover it all here but if you have specific questions I'm your huckleberry. These tractors are tanks. If anything ever happens to my 16-G I'll be looking for another used Gravely. kubota, John Deere, or anyone else makes a riding tractor even close. It's a 16HP riding tractor that weighs 1,300#.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Gravely 16-G

Quote Originally Posted by whistlepig View Post
    You have just bought one of the best riding tractors ever made. I have a 16-G. Before that a 8163G. Change the engine oil and transmission oil. I don't know the capacities off hand but would be more than happy to look them up for you. Check your forward/reverse clutches for wear and adjustment. They are on the outside of the motor. Easy to see, replace, and adjust. I don't know if yours has a foot clutch or hand clutch. They came both ways. I have owned Gravely riding tractors for over twenty years now. There isn't much I don't know about them. I can't cover it all here but if you have specific questions I'm your huckleberry. These tractors are tanks. If anything ever happens to my 16-G I'll be looking for another used Gravely. kubota, John Deere, or anyone else makes a riding tractor even close. It's a 16HP riding tractor that weighs 1,300#.
    Thanks for the offer. How do i check the clutches? What kind of oil does the transmission take? I guess I need to get an owners manual - whats the best place (book or electronic).

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

The clutches are gapped with a feeler gauge. I'll get you the specs. Call Buchanon's in Lebanon, Ohio. They are the Gravely guru's. They can get you anything you want. I'll sent you the number.

There are numerous manuals here thanks to Chip Old.
    It's an unsponsored site so I guess it's okay to post it here.
    Here's the Pro G Service Manual.
    http://oldgravelys.net/pdf/Pro_G_Serv_Man.pdf

Hope that helps. Enjoy the Gravely!