Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Model L and Model C Repower Parts

Just finishing up my 3rd repower. All I lack is some finally adjustment on the Kohler brace at the rear got to heat it & bend it some more, The Lifan Engine seems to be real strong, My Neighbors 1972 Ci-15 is working out perfect, I'll start on my next repower shortly, it will be a 5240 repowered with a 13 horsepower Honda.

Smile Re: Model L and Model C Repower Parts

I have my C8-15 finished & have plowed my garden with it, it was the easiest tractor that I have ever operated as far as plowing, it had power to spare atall times & used i" of gas in a 2 gallon tank, I'm usually use almost 3/4 tank with the 5460 or the 5665 & 1/2 with a 5260, this thing is fun to operated

Smile Re: Model L and Model C Repower Parts

Just finished repowering a 5240 with a 9 horse power Robins engine, with Bruce Guthries kit it was about a 2 hour poroject from start to finish, it is like a new tractor now, but just sips the gas with a modern engine on it.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1973 Gravely Superconvertible

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1953 View Post
    Just finished repowering a 5240 with a 9 horse power Robins engine, with Bruce Guthries kit it was about a 2 hour poroject from start to finish, it is like a new tractor now, but just sips the gas with a modern engine on it.
    If you can, whenever you do a re-power, please post pictures. We'd love to see your work!!!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oneaxepony View Post
    If you can, whenever you do a re-power, please post pictures. We'd love to see your work!!!
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2...ml#post2851245

This is a tractor I did in 1 day.
    but I did not clean up the tractor.
    I am working on another one
    it should go together petty quick tomorrow.
    The little 9 Hp Robin fits almost with out any changes.
    It takes time to take everything off and ck out the gears

If I can find the pictures of the last 5240 that I did I'll post them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345