Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Gravely

Default Re: What model gravely did I just get?

I think you did good.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1958 Massey Harris Ferguson 202 loader/backhoe

Jamesn you got a steal! Even if you have to spend a few bucks what you have is worth a lot. Heck it's worth at least $350 not running if the implements you listed are good. Get it running and you can easily double that, at least in my neck of the woods (CT). db556, you did even better, can't beat free!!!

Geez, I'm jealous, wish I could find someone giving away Gravelys free or cheap! I can't complain, I ended up with a nice running L8 with electric start and governor with 30" brush mower for about $300 but that was total cost after flipping an older one I got running and made $200 on. Pic below, it runs better than it looks. It's solid, I just need to give it some paint this year.

Good luck with your Gravelys, keep us posted and give us pics!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What model gravely did I just get?-gravely-massey-ferguson-202.jpg  

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Hi All,

I realize this is an old thread but a friend of mine has a Gravely Convertible 7.6 with electric start and the 30" brush cutter (red) and the gray sickle bar attachment thats like new. I think its an L8 like yours Carl in CT.

I went to look at it today - its been stored inside most of its life and he said - theres not much gas and I didnt run it this summer. But we pushed the starter button and choked and it came to life!

I took it for a walk about and it handled well and everything works as it should. Also he has 3 nearly new blades - one a very heavy 3/8" thick thats for heavy brush included.

As I mentioned the sickle bar is nearly perfect/new condition too. If I were to get it I would clean it up and put a coat of paint on the hood and thats about it as it seems in very good condition.

The issue is I have 1) I dont really need it - but its a cool older piece of sturdy gear 2) I have a lot of rocks and ledge outcroppings from the ground with briars and I want to knock these down..

So what's it worth? Indications from my friend that these sell in the $800+ range.. I am thinking $400 so dont want to insult him.

Thanks in advance.

Carl
    Kubota B21TLB, Ferris IS2000, Cub Cadet 1811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12