What model gravely did I just get?

/ What model gravely did I just get? #12  
Jamesn you got a steal! Even if you have to spend a few bucks what you have is worth a lot. Heck it's worth at least $350 not running if the implements you listed are good. Get it running and you can easily double that, at least in my neck of the woods (CT). db556, you did even better, can't beat free!!!

Geez, I'm jealous, wish I could find someone giving away Gravelys free or cheap! I can't complain, I ended up with a nice running L8 with electric start and governor with 30" brush mower for about $300 but that was total cost after flipping an older one I got running and made $200 on. Pic below, it runs better than it looks. It's solid, I just need to give it some paint this year.

Good luck with your Gravelys, keep us posted and give us pics!!!

Attachments

• Gravely with Massey Ferguson 202.jpg
    Gravely with Massey Ferguson 202.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 755
   / What model gravely did I just get? #13  
Hi All,

I realize this is an old thread but a friend of mine has a Gravely Convertible 7.6 with electric start and the 30" brush cutter (red) and the gray sickle bar attachment thats like new. I think its an L8 like yours Carl in CT.

I went to look at it today - its been stored inside most of its life and he said - theres not much gas and I didnt run it this summer. But we pushed the starter button and choked and it came to life!

I took it for a walk about and it handled well and everything works as it should. Also he has 3 nearly new blades - one a very heavy 3/8" thick thats for heavy brush included.

As I mentioned the sickle bar is nearly perfect/new condition too. If I were to get it I would clean it up and put a coat of paint on the hood and thats about it as it seems in very good condition.

The issue is I have 1) I dont really need it - but its a cool older piece of sturdy gear 2) I have a lot of rocks and ledge outcroppings from the ground with briars and I want to knock these down..

So what's it worth? Indications from my friend that these sell in the $800+ range.. I am thinking $400 so dont want to insult him.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

/ What model gravely did I just get? #14  
A friend seeing that I just bought a 5240 told me he had a old gravely in his back field I could have with some attachments. Well I got it home, and got the leaves off of it and dropped on a battery. Greased and beat the starting chain loose. Added some gas found the tank has a crack in the bottom and up she started not bad for some thing thats been sitting in a field for who knows how long.

Well looking at I looked around it has a white hood, governor, electric start and the hi/low axle, the tag said its a L8 what HP do you guys think it is? My neighbor said its a super convertible since its electric start so 7.6 but I dont know.

How do you think I should fix the gas tank it had some bondo on it but that came right off, so solder or braze it?

Also it seams the pivot pin for the axle broke, any ideas?

Pictures below.

DSCF7882.jpg

DSCF7876.jpg

DSCF7877.jpg

DSCF7878.jpg

DSCF7880.jpg

DSCF7889.jpg

you can use j-b weld to repair the gas tank, mine is a 1964 6.6 hp runs well good tractor ....i have a snowblower on mine ...i want to sell this tractor

/ What model gravely did I just get? #15  
mine is a 6.6 hp 1964 yours looks just like mine,,i have a snowblower on mine i do want to sell mine

/ What model gravely did I just get? #16  
you can use j b weld for the gas tank after it drys you can sand and paint great stuff