Vintage but How old?

/ Vintage but How old?
yea ive fooled with 12 volt stuff before. i was talking to a few other people locally and they said it could be a bad ground or broken wire. so i dont know, but thanks i will try that and we will see what works. and is there any other way to start one? roll starting is out cause i dont have a sulky and really dont want to run that bad.

/ Vintage but How old? #12  
yea ive fooled with 12 volt stuff before. i was talking to a few other people locally and they said it could be a bad ground or broken wire. so i dont know, but thanks i will try that and we will see what works. and is there any other way to start one? roll starting is out cause i dont have a sulky and really dont want to run that bad.

The only other practical way to start is to remove the starter clutch and install a pulley so you can strap start it. This is how the non-electric start Gravelys are fired up.

/ Vintage but How old?
well i took the starter off and put it on the battery with not so much as a spark. im saying the battery is fried. im gonna try another battery today. i am gonna need to replace the starter cog here before long. where could i get one and around how much?

/ Vintage but How old? #14  
well i took the starter off and put it on the battery with not so much as a spark. im saying the battery is fried. im gonna try another battery today. i am gonna need to replace the starter cog here before long. where could i get one and around how much?

Over the years I have bought many Gravely parts from Richards Lawn & Garden in Spencer, WV (304 927-4550). My experience has been very positive. They are honest and priced fairly IMO. There are other reputable dealers out there but I have never dealt with them. Suggest you call for pricing on your part. They're on the internet too but they may not have every part listed there. I am not affiliated with Richards in any way.

/ Vintage but How old?
ok thank you that isnt too far from the house. i had heard abot them but had no number or anything. thank you very much. just looked Richards up and the number is 304-927-4580. dont know if it has changes or a mistake or whatever.

/ Vintage but How old? #16  
roll starting is out cause i dont have a sulky and really dont want to run that bad.

It is impossible to push start a Gravely two wheeled tractor. The worm gear that drives the differential is the reason why.

/ Vintage but How old?
yea that would present a problem. ok thank you

/ Vintage but How old?
Ok i am needing to rebuild the carb. Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit. SHould I do it or should i have a pro do it?

/ Vintage but How old? #19  
Ok i am needing to rebuild the carb. Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit. SHould I do it or should i have a pro do it?

I would call Richard's and get a price on a rebuild kit. I would also ask them what they would charge to rebuild it if you sent it to them. They rebuilt a starter clutch for me about 10 years ago and charged $45 including parts. Not sure what it would cost now.

Only you can answer the question of whether you should do it yourself. If you have lots of experience with these kinds of things and are confident, I say go for it. When I was younger, I used to think I could fix just about anything. But after screwing many jobs up I'm now a better judge of what I can realistically do and what I should leave to others. One thing is for sure - if you send it to Richard's - it will work properly when you get it back.

Good luck.

/ Vintage but How old?
Well i did go to Richards and i got a rebuild kit for it. it was 34 plus tax. i did work on it myself. i took it abart once i had the replaceement gaskets. it didnt need a total rebuild(or at least it didnt look like it). I cleaned it and replaced a few things. The original owner found the original pull strap so im hoping to get it running soon. I did get a starter rebuild kit so that will be the next project...maybe. so yea thats the update.