Ariens snow blower

/ Ariens snow blower #11  
Got my Ariens Platinum 30 used (only 1 year, lite snow)... It has the automatic traction control, works nice so far (only got to try it on 2" of wet snow, it did fine)..

Have owned the same model with heated grips for 2 years in Washington state seasons with plenty of wet snow and have had great results in deep wet snow. The shoot is starting to show wear but only paint loss and still no performance issues. Starts easy and love the 120v Starter. But after its warmed up it takes about a half pull and fires right up... The traction control is easy to follow and helps the machine turn very well at the end of a row. Seen many wiener dog toys leave the yard and never plugs up. Cheers.

/ Ariens snow blower #12  
I've used an Ariens 5/24 for 22+ years. Been a good machine but a little smallish when we get a deep dump of "Colo Concrete".

This year I decided to upgrade, so I gave the Ariens to a friend and bought a Toro 926 OXE.

Now that I've done the upgrade we probably won't enough snow to justify using it.... :laughing:

/ Ariens snow blower #13  
Back in the 60's I worked at a auto repair shop that also sold Arines equipment. I used to unbox and assemble the snowblowers as a side job.assembled about a hundred each winter.They were great machines way back then and are still great machines. many of the ones I assembled are still around and in use.and best of all, most parts are still avail for them. The onje I use now is about 15 years old and works great.

/ Ariens snow blower #14  
Back in the 60's I worked at a auto repair shop that also sold Arines equipment. I used to unbox and assemble the snowblowers as a side job.assembled about a hundred each winter.They were great machines way back then and are still great machines. many of the ones I assembled are still around and in use.and best of all, most parts are still avail for them. The onje I use now is about 15 years old and works great.

Yes, good units.
But then the older ones had real bearings or at least bronze bushings and not nylon or plastic bearings.
Also the impeller gear boxes were steel and brass in a real cast iron case. And the sheet metal was 2-3 gauge size heavier than newer tin housings.
I once re powered an old 6/24 with a wisconson ACN; boy could that old unit chew and throw snow, half the neighborhood used it and that for about 10 years.
I had installed a slightly larger drive pulley and that old Ariens could blow snow clear out of a sunken driveway that led to basement garage.
Many a time we'd cut thru snow banks left by the city plow that were higher than the top of the snow chute.

/ Ariens snow blower #15  
I had one from HD a few years back and it worked well.
In 2004 I bought a ST926DLE professional series with the OHV Tecumsen motor and switching differential.
It too works real nice.
The 926 steers easier than the first that only had the pin locking axle without the differential.
Real work horses and built to last.

new tractor 551.JPG