Ariens snow blower

/ Ariens snow blower #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
I just bought an Ariens Deluxe 2 stage 28" snowblower w/ Polar Force engine at Home Depot. They were back-ordered already. I only had to wait a week and now I have it. My son bought one last year same model and he said it's a real beast and he used to work at SEARs many moons ago and sold snowblowers in Lawn and Garden. HD also gave me a 10% military discount so that ate up the NY sales tax plus little extra savings. I used to use my quad with plow and tractor with loader when the banks got high. This is for my house not my country property so I think it will work out fine. Going in the 30's this weekend so I know the white stuff isn't too far off... Anyone have this model snowblower and how did YOU like it...:)

/ Ariens snow blower #2  
John,
I use a similar model for the areas I can't reach with my tractor and have nothing but great things to say about Ariens. They're a quality-built machine no doubt about that. In this neck of the woods they outsell everything else for a few reasons. If you take care of it it will take care of you. "Enjoy" the use of this purchase this winter.

/ Ariens snow blower
Thanks for the reply. It had good reviews on the internet. I actually waxed it today to help protect it from the elements.:eek:.You might say... Tooo much time on your hands but thats the joy of retirement..:laughing:

/ Ariens snow blower #4  
Ariens Sno-Thro snowblowers are lengerdary. In my neck of the woods in NE Ohio its not uncommon to see 40+ year old Sno-Thros still working. They're built to last. I would expect if you take care of your new snowblower it will last a long, long time. Good Luck!

/ Ariens snow blower #5  
I work at a dealership...They are our most popular unit. I work in the shop as a mechanic, these have very few issues. One thing I'll recommend is to snowblow where ever you may have salt first. Then blow the rest of the driveway. This is an excellant way to clean the salt out of the blower. Also lubricate the differential lock periodically and do not over tighten it. 9 times out of 10 over tightening of the diff lock cause it to not work as it needs free play to lock properly.

/ Ariens snow blower #6  
loved mine, but it has started shaking violently.
engines runs fine and it drives fine.
but when engaging the auger, is shakes the whole backend, handles, etc.
What has happened?
bh:confused:

/ Ariens snow blower #7  
First off remove the spark plug wire and remove the plug!!
Don't want an "ACCIDENT"
Check for snow or ice build up on the rakes or in the fan area. If there is ice chip out what is there and use heat to melt the rest. Also check for newspaper, wood pieces, childs toy, dead animal or any thing that could be stuck on the rakes.
Machine ran fine last time used?
Didn't run into or over any thing under the snow?
Snow blower stored in heated garage or out side and covered?
As a last resort check on the pulley, might have gotten bent or piece broke off.

My 2 pennies of silly wild asked guesses!

T.J.

/ Ariens snow blower #8  
loved mine, but it has started shaking violently.
engines runs fine and it drives fine.
but when engaging the auger, is shakes the whole backend, handles, etc.
What has happened?
bh:confused:

The bolts have loosened up on the drive pulley to the auger. If none of the problems above where found.

I have a 24" platinum series, love the heated grips, the polar force engines are very good Briggs line.

/ Ariens snow blower #9  
I purchased mine at the home depot and they forced me to pay for the assembly, fine no work for me. Right nothing was tight and I had to go over the entire unit and tighten what the morons did not assemble properly. I did get my assembly fee back. Check all of the pieces. Look at the primary impeller as suggested for a failure.

/ Ariens snow blower #10  
Got my Ariens Platinum 30 used (only 1 year, lite snow)... It has the automatic traction control, works nice so far (only got to try it on 2" of wet snow, it did fine)..