Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor

/ Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor #1  

booth1331

Tractor
Gravely 16G pro
Well I have another problem...Gravely/Kohler Magnum 16 engine, started leaking oil this week. Found it is coming from the pressure relief sensor located on the right hand side near the oil fill tube....Is the sensor unit bad or is there another issue causing it to leak??? This is apparently the sensor on the oil sentry system. Thanks!!!

/ Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor #2  
It is likely the oil pressure warning switch. You should be able to get one at the auto parts store. It is where I got mine.

BTW if it is a horizontal shaft twin cylinder engine, that engine is a M18, not a M16. There were no M16 twins with horizontal shaft ever made. Gravely had Kohler label the engines as a 16 hp engine.

Gravely needed a "16hp" twin cylinder engine for it's 4 wheel tractors and Kohler didn't make one. So what Kohler did was to put some stickers on their M18. No other changes to the basic engine were made. What they did to lower the cost was not put an oil filter on it. Other than that, it is the same engine that is on the Gravely 18G tractor.

/ Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor
Richard that answers alot of questions....I couldnt find a parts manual for the Kohler M16 and was wondering why....It is a horiz shaft twin.......So it is truly an 18hp engine...Very good to know.
When you say oil pressure warning switch I assume you mean the sensor itself that I described above??? The one that screws into the side of the engine, Part#5209906???

/ Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor #4  
Yes, that is the part I was referring to. Ordering that sensor/switch online is possible but the shipping will likely be as much as the part.

Oil Pressure Switch, 7-01977, 30-1033, For models CH11-14, CV11-15, CH18-25, CV18-22 on sale from Tulsa Engine Warehouse

media.nl

/ Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor
Well my local hardware store is a gravely dealer and had the part...Got it replaced and working fine....Thanks for the assist Richard!!

/ Gravely 16g Pro leaking oil out of oil pressure sensor #6  
Good deal.

If you get ambitious adding a oil filter to the engine is not too hard. A google search for "gravely m18 add oil filter" should help. A lot depends on the exhaust system that Gravely used on your tractor.