16G Professional

/ 16G Professional #1  

jammer90861

Tractor
Gravely 16G Professional
I have an older 16G Professional that I need to buy some engine and tractor parts for. Trouble is,I dont know where to find numbers for the tractor or thr koehler engine.
Im also interested in buying parts from individuals instead of the gravely dealer near my hometown if someone has parts to sell.

/ 16G Professional #2  
I have an older 16G Professional that we still use to mow with. Parts manuals are available online. I am still able to buy parts for it at the local Gravley dealer. It's a good hill mowing tractor. It weighs 1,300 pounds and the motor is under the seat for a low center of gravity.

/ 16G Professional #3  
The Gravely 16G tractor is powered by a Kohler Magnum 18 engine. Gravely wanted a 16hp twin cylinder engine and the M18 from Kohler was the only thing available, so they had Kohler rebadge it as a 16. It does lack an oil filter that the 18G tractors have. Yes, the Gravely 18G is powered by the same basic engine. My advice is to be sitting down when you look the prices for Kohler M18 or M20 parts.

As far as Kohler or Gravely parts goes, you could order parts from your local Gravely dealer, Jacks, or gravelyparts.com.

gravelyparts.com (Richard's) has a rather large stock of used parts available. It is always in a state of change, so availability varies. Buying used parts can be a problem. I have seen some dealers (NOT RIchard's) charge more for their used parts than what a new one from Gravely would cost. Buyer beware and do your research before you buy.

Manuals for the tractor and engine are available at oldgravelys.net

/ 16G Professional
Thank you. Where do I locate the gravely ser/mod numbers on this machine? Also the engine numbers?

/ 16G Professional #7  
Thank you. Where do I locate the gravely ser/mod numbers on this machine? Also the engine numbers?

THe model and serial number tags are under the front hood glued to the dash support.
Here is what a tag looks like.
DSCN4767-r.jpg

The engine tags are usually on the engine tin.

/ 16G Professional #8  
Hi jammer

Welcome aboard
What parts are you looking for.
I am about 100 miles from you
70 miles south of Knoxville exit 33 I -75.
I may have or know where you can fine the parts you need.

gravelymay@yahoo.com

423 716 4611

Thanks B

/ 16G Professional #9  
Hi Jammer I'm about 45 minutes away from you over in Grainger county, let me know what you need if I don't have it I might be able to help you find it