How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP!

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP! #1  

outfox

Gravelly left.JPGGravely front.JPGGravely right.JPGI have an OLD Gravely 9000 series, 26HP with a R800-46 engine. There is a 72" belly mower also but honestly it doesn't fit well on this machine. It needs a little TLC, has been sitting for a while now and is a little difficult to crank. I need to get rid of it, but I don't have any idea what to ask for it. Any suggestions? (I am trying to get the pictures to post but having a few problems.)

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP! #2  
View attachment 276068View attachment 276069View attachment 276070I have an OLD Gravely 9000 series, 26HP with a R800-46 engine. There is a 72" belly mower also but honestly it doesn't fit well on this machine. It needs a little TLC, has been sitting for a while now and is a little difficult to crank. I need to get rid of it, but I don't have any idea what to ask for it. Any suggestions? (I am trying to get the pictures to post but having a few problems.)

That 9000 looks pretty rough. I would ask $800 for it if it were mine. I would be happy if I could get $600 for it.

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP!
Thanks Richard, at least that gives me a place to start! I know I need to find someone who is a "tinker mechanic" type, it really can't go to someone who needs it to get up and run right away, it definitely needs help. Did I provide enough information so that someone who likes Gravely's might be interested? How about if I put it up as "make offer"? I offered to let my neighbor use it and he laughed and said it was an antique. I will say, some of the best machines I have seen have been older models that were well built. Being a girl, I have NO IDEA whether this machine, or this brand even, would fall into that category. I do know, when my Dad had it running, it was a monster and could handle big jobs. More comments, please! :)

I should add that the downfall for this machine is that my Dad is away for months at a time up North. He gets the machine running good, then it sits for months and we start all over again. It needs to work regularly. Funny, I have the same problem with my horses!

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP! #5  
I should add that the downfall for this machine is that my Dad is away for months at a time up North. He gets the machine running good, then it sits for months and we start all over again. It needs to work regularly. Funny, I have the same problem with my horses!

What I would do is put it on CL for $1200 and see what happens. Based on what I can see, the radiator doesn't look so good, it needs to be stripped and repainted, and the mower deck is questionable at best.

That engine is hard to get parts for and some of the tractor parts even harder. A tinkerer isn't what is needed. A professional mechanic is what is needed.

OK, so maybe I should try to pitch it as a "project"? It really needs a new home, but I don't want to give it away....

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP! #7  
The reason that I say start at $1200 was there was a recent Gravely swap meet. One fellow brought a 9000 in better shape than yours and he wanted $1200 for it. He was firm on his price. He wound up bringing it back home. He also had the optional 3 point hitch and optional rear PTO.

Well, this little tractor needs a new home, so I am not going to be picky about the price. How do I find out about these Gravely swap meets? Do they have them in Florida too?

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP! #9  
Well, this little tractor needs a new home, so I am not going to be picky about the price. How do I find out about these Gravely swap meets? Do they have them in Florida too?

There is only one swap meet that I know of and that occurs once a year. It is called a Mow-In.

http://www.gravelytractorclub.org/mow-in.html

Your best bet is Craigslist.

/ How much is this tractor worth? Gravely 9000 series HELP! #10  
If your 9000 has the rear PYO and the three point hitch, that pumps the value up some. Those were options and not all 9000s have them.