Gravely Model 14-G Professional

/ Gravely Model 14-G Professional #1  

babybeef

Tractor
Gravely 14-g rider
When the tractor with a Kohler CH14S Engine gets warm it will shut down and I can let it cool down for a few hours and it will restart. I put new fuel filter on and have even taken out the spark plug and put fuel in the cylinder, but it still won't start until you let it set and cool down. Could it be Electrical?
This is a 1995 series in excellent condition.

Thank You
Bob Witchen

/ Gravely Model 14-G Professional #2  
Sounds like the ignition equipment can't take the heat anymore. I would try replacing that and see what happens. Give Richards Lawn and Garden in West Virginia a call, they're probably the #1 gravely dealer in the country and should be able to help you.

/ Gravely Model 14-G Professional #3  
I have a simlar promblem with a 8102 Gravely 4 wheel tractor, I have replaced the points, condinser,coil, spark plug, spark plug wire, key switch, three different carbs,new fuel filter, cleaned the gas tank, replaced the fuel line, replaced the fuel cut off at the tank, it runs for a while & quits, wish I knew what to tell you to do.

/ Gravely Model 14-G Professional #4  
Did you check the time delay in the electrical system? There is a time delay in the harness.
Alot of Gravely four wheelers had this. Also the safety switches were a common problem as well.

/ Gravely Model 14-G Professional #5  
If I had to guess I would say ignition module. Pretty easy to test. Disconnect the kill wire and see if it dies when hot.