End of season 2012 52 inch ZT HD $4900

Good Price?

Options?

Reviews?

Any changes coming with 2013 models

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #2  
What is the regular price?

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #3  
yes that's a decent price. i paid $5100 in may for mine. they threw in a tow hitch that i wanted, delivered it 80 miles from their shop, no charge. really enjoy my gravely, much more fun than the 44" garden tractor that i bought new in 1982.

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #4  
End of season 2012 52 inch ZT HD $4900

Good Price?

Options?

Reviews?

Any changes coming with 2013 models

Miatadvr,
As mentioned by user leonardo, $5100(plus tax) is the regular price for that mower. If you can get the dealer to accept $4,900 out-the-door you will have saved approx. $600 which I would consider(this time of year) to be a fair price. I stepped up to the Pro-Turn 152 XDZ in mid-September and the dealer accepted an out-the-door price(I even offered to pick it up to save him delivery) of about $1,000 off the MSRP. I am VERY happy with the deal(the Pro-Turn 152 actually is going up another $200 for 2013, but I believe the ZT-HD 52" is still the same) so I actually saved $1200. I don't think you will find a better residential ZTR, with many commercial-grade components(chain-suspended deck, cast-iron 3-yr warrantied spindles, ZT3100 trannies) and a warranty like the Gravely for anywhere close to that price. If you are willing to spend a couple thousand more I "HIGHLY recommend" the Pro-Turn 152 which is a full-fledged commercial ZTR which again beats the competition hands-down for quality of build, warranty and price. I can assure you that you would be happy with it as well. Hope you get the Gravely. I also considered Toros, Bad Boys, Dixons, Hustlers and Husqvarnas when I was looking and when the dealer accepted my offer on the Gravely I never looked back.

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR
Was told the Retail price was $5700. Still in the crate it was delivered in.

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #6  
Was told the Retail price was $5700. Still in the crate it was delivered in.

Miatadvr,
Go to the Gravely website in the link I provide at the bottom and:
1)Click on Zero Turn
2)Click on ZT HD
3)Click on Buy Now
4)Enter your Zip Code in the "Enter A Different Location" box(I used 21737)
5)Find a dealer in red with online pricing(I used J. David Mullinix & Sons in Dayton, MD)
6)Click on Check Online Pricing
7)Click on "Select Model" dropdown and click on Model 991083(52")

You will see the dealers price of $5,099.00 which is the same on any dealer you check(including the dealers here in Tennessee).
To me...that's the MSRP(Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) and a dealer can negotiate from there depending on what he paid for the ZT HD 52"(which I am certain is considerably less than that). I hope you haven't pulled the string on this purchase yet and can call the dealer and offer them $4,900 "out-the-door"(including all taxes & prep). Believe me they would still make money on that mower. I would not pay more than $5,000 for that mower tops(for another $1,800 I got my Pro-Turn 52" commercial model)Link to the Gravely website follows:

Zero Turn Mowers, Riding Lawn Mowers, Commercial Mowers

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR
Better to respond with counter offer of $4900 delivered and tow hitch or?

Do not have a shed yet was waiting for ZTR selection to determine size and door needs. Would be a big help If the dealer kept the mower till March.

Delivery distance less than 2 miles

Anyone gone to the Kawai syn oil or ? after brake-in ?

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #8  
They might throw in the tow hich kit(approx. $50). I would buy that ZTR for $4900. I thought about using the synthetic oil after break-in(I only have 6 hours on my Gravely Pro-Turn 152 XDZ, so it'll be next spring before I do my first oil change), but the consensus I got from these forums is that synthetic is a bit of an overkill for these small engine applications and a good SAE 30w detergent oil is usually fine. I stocked up on Briggs & Stratton 30w oil for my previous lawn tractor(a 54" Craftsman/Husqvarna with a 24hp B & S Intek) and used the B & S oil in it for 6 years(changed oil each year) and that B & S still didn't use a drop of oil between oil changes when I gave it to my son after buying my ZTR. I may very well just stick with that oil since it is (A)readily available at Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc. (B) not real expensive and (C)seemed to keep my last lawn tractor running like new for 6 years(FYI, my first lawn tractor...a 1995 Lawn Chief with a 22hp B & S Vanguard was retired by my son when I gave him my Craftsman.....yeah 17 years of service and that also used the B & S 30w oil and never had a problem with oil usage). I think that track record justifies using B & S oil in my new ZTR, don't you????

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #9  
This is SO strange for me. Yesterday I opened a very similar thread on lawnsite.com. I ALSO live in Glenelg, MD, same place that Miatadvr lives. This is a SMALL rural community. Miatadvr lives probably a couple of miles from me - and 2 years ago was interested in the same exact ZTR model. djdicetn directed him to the same exact local dealer I'm going to visit tomorrow. Sorry, I just can't get over this coincidence at the moment.

/ 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR #10  
This is SO strange for me. Yesterday I opened a very similar thread on lawnsite.com. I ALSO live in Glenelg, MD, same place that Miatadvr lives. This is a SMALL rural community. Miatadvr lives probably a couple of miles from me - and 2 years ago was interested in the same exact ZTR model. djdicetn directed him to the same exact local dealer I'm going to visit tomorrow. Sorry, I just can't get over this coincidence at the moment.
Keep in mind that the pricing in this thread is "2012 prices" and has most likely gone up several hundred dollars for the 2014's. I gave you some details of what I would pay for a 2014 ZT HD 52 in your other thread. You will be VERY happy with a Gravely ZT HD. Good luck!!!