Any changes coming with 2013 models

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Default Re: 2012 Gravley ZT HD 52 ZTR

What is the regular price?

Tractor
    kubota

yes that's a decent price. i paid $5100 in may for mine. they threw in a tow hitch that i wanted, delivered it 80 miles from their shop, no charge. really enjoy my gravely, much more fun than the 44" garden tractor that i bought new in 1982.

Tractor
    2012 Gravely Pro Turn 152

Quote Originally Posted by Miatadvr View Post
    End of season 2012 52 inch ZT HD $4900

Good Price?

Options?

Reviews?

Any changes coming with 2013 models
    Miatadvr,
    As mentioned by user leonardo, $5100(plus tax) is the regular price for that mower. If you can get the dealer to accept $4,900 out-the-door you will have saved approx. $600 which I would consider(this time of year) to be a fair price. I stepped up to the Pro-Turn 152 XDZ in mid-September and the dealer accepted an out-the-door price(I even offered to pick it up to save him delivery) of about $1,000 off the MSRP. I am VERY happy with the deal(the Pro-Turn 152 actually is going up another $200 for 2013, but I believe the ZT-HD 52" is still the same) so I actually saved $1200. I don't think you will find a better residential ZTR, with many commercial-grade components(chain-suspended deck, cast-iron 3-yr warrantied spindles, ZT3100 trannies) and a warranty like the Gravely for anywhere close to that price. If you are willing to spend a couple thousand more I "HIGHLY recommend" the Pro-Turn 152 which is a full-fledged commercial ZTR which again beats the competition hands-down for quality of build, warranty and price. I can assure you that you would be happy with it as well. Hope you get the Gravely. I also considered Toros, Bad Boys, Dixons, Hustlers and Husqvarnas when I was looking and when the dealer accepted my offer on the Gravely I never looked back.

Tractor
    NONE Yet

Was told the Retail price was $5700. Still in the crate it was delivered in.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Miatadvr View Post
    Was told the Retail price was $5700. Still in the crate it was delivered in.
    Miatadvr,
    Go to the Gravely website in the link I provide at the bottom and:
    1)Click on Zero Turn
    2)Click on ZT HD
    3)Click on Buy Now
    4)Enter your Zip Code in the "Enter A Different Location" box(I used 21737)
    5)Find a dealer in red with online pricing(I used J. David Mullinix & Sons in Dayton, MD)
    6)Click on Check Online Pricing
    7)Click on "Select Model" dropdown and click on Model 991083(52")

You will see the dealers price of $5,099.00 which is the same on any dealer you check(including the dealers here in Tennessee).
    To me...that's the MSRP(Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) and a dealer can negotiate from there depending on what he paid for the ZT HD 52"(which I am certain is considerably less than that). I hope you haven't pulled the string on this purchase yet and can call the dealer and offer them $4,900 "out-the-door"(including all taxes & prep). Believe me they would still make money on that mower. I would not pay more than $5,000 for that mower tops(for another $1,800 I got my Pro-Turn 52" commercial model)Link to the Gravely website follows:

Zero Turn Mowers, Riding Lawn Mowers, Commercial Mowers

Tractor
    NONE Yet

Better to respond with counter offer of $4900 delivered and tow hitch or?

Do not have a shed yet was waiting for ZTR selection to determine size and door needs. Would be a big help If the dealer kept the mower till March.

Delivery distance less than 2 miles

Anyone gone to the Kawai syn oil or ? after brake-in ?

Tractor

They might throw in the tow hich kit(approx. $50). I would buy that ZTR for $4900. I thought about using the synthetic oil after break-in(I only have 6 hours on my Gravely Pro-Turn 152 XDZ, so it'll be next spring before I do my first oil change), but the consensus I got from these forums is that synthetic is a bit of an overkill for these small engine applications and a good SAE 30w detergent oil is usually fine. I stocked up on Briggs & Stratton 30w oil for my previous lawn tractor(a 54" Craftsman/Husqvarna with a 24hp B & S Intek) and used the B & S oil in it for 6 years(changed oil each year) and that B & S still didn't use a drop of oil between oil changes when I gave it to my son after buying my ZTR. I may very well just stick with that oil since it is (A)readily available at Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc. (B) not real expensive and (C)seemed to keep my last lawn tractor running like new for 6 years(FYI, my first lawn tractor...a 1995 Lawn Chief with a 22hp B & S Vanguard was retired by my son when I gave him my Craftsman.....yeah 17 years of service and that also used the B & S 30w oil and never had a problem with oil usage). I think that track record justifies using B & S oil in my new ZTR, don't you????