repowered 424 traction problem

/ repowered 424 traction problem #1  

bigcontender

Tractor
Gravely 424, 20G
I recently picked up a 424 that was repowered with a Harbour Freight Predator 346 cc motor. Also included was a 38" Gravely snowblower. This tractor was a school project for a high school shop class. Some things need to be finished throttel cable, choke cable, remote start etc.
We got 8" of snow from this weekends storm so i rushed around mounted the blower and was anxious to try it out yesterday morning. Used my 660 grizlzey (5 ft plow) to opened up the drive way. Then I tried the 424. Man will this thing blow snow, motor is tremendous lots of power runs really nice but It's got no traction. Tried for an hour or so, go down a slight slop fine but won't come back up just spins. Can't steer , won't back up eventually I got the grizzly out and pulled in back to the garage. Late last night I cut down a set of chains to fit and tried it again, slightly better but not great. Took me 20 minutes of pushing and pulling to get it the last 10 feet into the garage.
So what can I do add weight? Where , How much?
Sell this thing off for parts? I couldn't see it as a snowblower tractor it's not usable the way it is. Could be a great unit if it would drive.

Advice
Thanks

/ repowered 424 traction problem #2  
Rear wheel weights and premium chains should fix it right up. Now if the snow is that really wet stuff that turns to ice the instant it is compressed, then that can be a real problem. Rear wheel weights are a must with a blower. Front wheel weights will help with steering in the snow.

/ repowered 424 traction problem
Thanks for the reply.
Don't think snow conditions we're the problem. Grizzly had no problem pushing the first pass of my 500 ft drive with a straight blade.
Cleared snow off down to the blacktop.
Where can you buy wheel weights?

/ repowered 424 traction problem #5  
Thanks for the reply.
Don't think snow conditions we're the problem. Grizzly had no problem pushing the first pass of my 500 ft drive with a straight blade.
Cleared snow off down to the blacktop.
Where can you buy wheel weights?

Have the tires filled with solf rubber it is heavy.
Fork truck places sell it.