Tractor
    Mitsubishi Satoh

Default Can I repower a Gravely 16G with an Onan CCKA from a Gravely 816?

I picked up a Gravely Professional 16-G yesterday, with a Kohler Magnum m18s that the previous owner pretty well destroyed. I removed the heads and cylinders today to discover both connecting rods shattered, the crankshaft journals totally gouged, the skirts on the cylinders broken and the camshaft in pieces.

I知 also picking up an 816 today with a smooth running Onan CCKA twin, that sounds great, until you put it into gear. It moves OK and seems to operate as it should, except for the metallic grinding noise. All of the fluids seem full and the gaps on both clutches are around .010".

I'm brand new to Gravely, but have heard great things, especially about the 16-G tractor and the Onan CCKA engine. Does anyone know what kind of issues I might run into if I try to put the Onan on the 16G? Both tractors are complete right now, thanks.

Tractor
    Ford 800 OC-3

Default Re: Can I repower a Gravely 16G with an Onan CCKA from a Gravely 816?

This thread may be of use.

gordon

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=2455136

Tractor
    Mitsubishi Satoh

Default Re: Can I repower a Gravely 16G with an Onan CCKA from a Gravely 816?

Thanks Gordon, I appreciate the link. It looks like it will be a fun project.